Mini Ti Pry Info Thread

STR

Knifemaker/Moderator
I have been meaning to update for some time so lets do this now early 2015 Jan. Already familiar and just want to reorder? Scroll down to the red print...

The mini ti pry is still being made. It runs $35 each via check or money order made out to Steve Rice
4006 Woodville Rd. Bartlesville, Ok 74006 or you can pay via pay pal and I ask for $40 on the first with each additional being $35 if you use that method.

The Mini Ti Pry. What is it? Perhaps "useful" describes it best. Simple, lightweight, convenient and handy. These are 4" in length and 1/2" wide.. I have carried one of my own for a time now and mine is not wrapped. I use it for all kinds of things. The "Breaking Bad" series took almost all my fingernails off during the time it ran and I found my pry to be like carrying a titanium fingernail around with me. My own personal ti nail if you will. Had it not been for that scoop end with the bend I'd have never been able to pick up that dime I dropped in the Wal-Mart parking lot during that time! I use it for cutting Rice Krispie treats out of the pan because it is handy and I keep it clean so no big deal and I've used it for all kinds of other things too.

No two are exactly alike since these are done using raw materials and each grind will be different in some ways. Honestly I used a service for a time to cut these out but it just added expense really. I have gone back to the old way of cutting it out in strips. These are roughly 1/2" wide. They start out as a strip sheet 12" wide 48" or more in length of bare dirty titanium. Using my band saw I cut it to approx. 1/2" wide. The thickness is .090 + or - and I use the 6AL-4V knifemaker grade titanium on these so they are the same titanium that I use for my folding knives.

I can wrap these pry bars in para cord for you and I have a lot more than shown and in various colors of para cord. I'm out of orange or the flame orange tho. Finish choices are stone washed or etched. I do not bead blast any longer. I can hand rub these out too! Once you chose one of those choices you can choose to have it anodized a color. There can be too many options here to confuse if you think too much so I recommend keeping it simple. The choices in color schemes can be infinite and para cord is often discontinued so don't get attached to any one.

These are all a pry bar on one end and a flat head screw driver on the other. At request I am offering straight bars or bars bent on the pry end where I put the V notch. Be specific and cover the options and yeah I know there are a few to go over but its for your benefit so take your time, look over the options and you pick it I'll stick it.

In effort to try to make these more usable,
I have tried to be sure these screw drivers are geared to work quite well for adjusting the pivot barrels of Emerson knives as well as many other light to medium duty jobs you may need a flat head driver for and of course you can pry with that end as well if you like. Some like it for minor box opening jobs. While these pry tools don't replace a knife they seem to fill a niche for some of the abusive things we do with our pocket knives at times and can work in place of a knife for those of you in situations where you cannot carry a knife at work or in the office or for those that simply don't want to carry a knife by personal preference.

Who buys these? Mostly it is the military to be honest. They use them for ammo jam removal tools and chimney stack removal tools from anything from 22 cal on up to 50 or more. I hear they work well for shotguns also.
I've sold these to office workers, secretaries, teachers and even law enforcement and security people and many military members who use these as tools to pop open stubborn ammo box latches from what I've heard and here recently through an email from a customer working in the CIA I was told that some very high up people in DHS, and DOD speak highly of this little tool and carry one of my mini ti pry bars when on tour because apparently they have saved some lives.

Also, these have been reported to make good investigative probes for working crime scenes for digging around in places one would not want to go with their fingers. It has become more and more obvious that I was ahead of the pack with this idea for a key ring pry bar. When I first started doing these several years ago they trickle sold. Now its a steady flow as I'm hearing more and more about how this product was just the ticket for folks being told their work areas were now gun and knife free zones or weapon free zones and so on, and how glad they were to find my offerings and my prices. As you know I could ask more for these and I'd probably get it but I think many of these simple tools are simply over priced in the industry. I try to keep it reasonable.

In a pinch these pry bars can open boxes, pop tape, pry staples, lift water meter lids in the yard or hot pot lids in the kitchen, pop stubborn canned food pop tops or beverages for those wanting to save a fingernail and I've got some guys that use metal detectors, some 'diggers' as they call themselves that use these also for some extraordinary finds!

Some have sharpened one end down more to do rough cutting jobs or box tearing, paper cutting and so forth. They can be used to untie stubborn knots and many other things limited only by your imagination.

In recent years many businesses have adopted no blade or no weapon policies in the work places. For those that either can't carry a knife or just don't happen to have one on them, they like the light weight (1/2 oz) and 'sheeple' friendly acceptance these receive in public places compared to pulling out a knife. Being that I can make them girly colors too they appeal to both sexes. I've been told they save your blade for what its made for, cutting so that is the main benefit in my book!

So rather than ruin the tip of your expensive blade to pry something use a mini ti pry instead. Do you really want the point of your knife broken off? :) Point is, they do come in handy at times. I hear tell they are hell on the insides of washing machines also so if you forget to remove the one you carry consider yourself warned! Clean out your pockets before washing. What can I say, they are tough little buggers.

If you need to contact me personally: This email is also my pay pal address. STR@bladeforums.com works or
STRsbackyardknifeworks@gmail.com Speaking of pay pal, please know that I do not ask people to pay me with a personal or gift payment. I don't mind giving pay pal their cut so pay normally for goods. Besides the address never shows up when you pay it other ways using the gift or what other non fee options they have so it forces me to have to reach out to you to get the address and can delay shipping of your item sometimes for a day or more if I don't hear back from you right away to get the address to ship.
NOTE
Ordering is easy if you just email me the answers to the questions below in red STRsbackyardknifeworks@gmail.com

Reminders for ordering. What I need to know to fill your order
1- Finish choice and or anodized color? I offer stone washed or etched for flat finishes and after either of these you can color the bar if you want? Remember, I cannot get black or red colors
2-Do you want one straight as in flat bar? Or do you want a slight bend in the end of the bar?
3-Cord Wrap color choice?

STR

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 2,619
  • DSCF0002c.jpg
    DSCF0002c.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 2,956
  • Mini Ti Pry 2012 001 (Large).jpg
    Mini Ti Pry 2012 001 (Large).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Guys and Gals, you need one of these. I carry and use mine everyday.
Looking good Steve.

They look great, STR! I'd just like some dark color. Since black is not an option, can you make it grey or dark blue?

Sean, Filip J I have two bead blasted that need to be anodized a color and cord wrapped to ship. Its as simple as saying I'll take it in this thread and sending payment to me via snail mail or to my pay pal account at STR@bladeforums.com for $23. For snail mail contact me via that or my other email found in my work order form in my low rider clip and mail instruction thread or my read this to mail me work thread, both sticky posts always at the top of the page with this thread here in my forum on page one, and mail me a payment using the USPS.

I can still get these I did yesterday done and out today in the mail if you want them, but I'd need to know before 4:30 pm to get them to the Post Office.

This time of year I always try to keep a couple on hand. I plan to make a couple each day just to have some available because its getting to that 'stocking stuffer' time of year for a lot of folks looking for office gifts, so I should be able to get some out to folks in a pretty quick fashion here so long as I don't get hit with orders for 20 or more at a time. Thanks for asking

STR

STR,

I would like to get 2 purple, 2 Tan and 2 green, at least that looks like whet the colors are in the pics. if that is ok, then PM me a total and i will PP it ASAP.

thanks

STR,

I would like to get 2 purple, 2 Tan and 2 green, at least that looks like whet the colors are in the pics. if that is ok, then PM me a total and i will PP it ASAP.

thanks

It would be $124.85 for six and shipped out Priority mail. If you still want first class its really not much cheaper with that much weight so I'd suggest just going with priority. Of course thats only good if you are in the USA. If outside then first class would be the best bet. I'll have to make these up in the morning with the others I have on the agenda. Should be able to get them out to you by noon or so either way. Just say the word and I'll make em up. Thanks for your interest.

STR

I'd like three - in brown/beige with the camo cord -- just like those pictured on the right side of picture two. Let me know if this is possible and the total, and I will paypal the funds. Thanks. Great Xmas gifts they will make.

Okay. No problem. You can send payment any time and I'll stick three in the mail to you wrapped after I anodize them.

$65 will cover all of it and shipping. Thanks Pay pal to STR@bladeforums.com

Much appreciated.

STR

STR,
I'd like one, in brown ;I prefer the blaze orange wrap.
Will send PayPal next.

But one quick question:

Would you also make me one about half that size,with no wrap,and a hole for a keyring near one end?

Reason: I work as an R.N. on a locked Psych Unit-no knives or scissors-but a tiny one would work GREAT! for opening the 'blister packs' that most pills come in....

Please let me know if you have time to fool with this request,and if so,your price.

Thanx!

~Gnarly

STR,
I'd like one, in brown ;I prefer the blaze orange wrap.
Will send PayPal next.

But one quick question:

Would you also make me one about half that size,with no wrap,and a hole for a keyring near one end?

Reason: I work as an R.N. on a locked Psych Unit-no knives or scissors-but a tiny one would work GREAT! for opening the 'blister packs' that most pills come in....

Please let me know if you have time to fool with this request,and if so,your price.

Thanx!

~Gnarly

Gnarly all I have made up ready to color and wrap at this time are the ones described which actually work quite well on a key ring. The way I tie these you can easily carry one on a ring or a carabiner snap ring. I have made smaller ones in the past but it means resetting all my set up to make those. Everything is different on them including the drill sizes and angles to go the grinds so I have to move all my stuff and then move them back each time someone wants one of these. The best I can do is just make note and try to remember to let you know when and if I do make more of the micro sized ones. They never sold well though and I really had not planned anymore of them since these are many times over more popular. I do have a brown one done and wrapped in blaze orange for you though so try this one out and see if it suffices I guess. Hope you understand. Thanks:thumbup:

STR

Hello Mr. STR,

I am interesting in purchasing a pair of your Ti prybars:

1 blue anodized prybar w/green paracord (if possible)
1 green anodized prybar w/blue paracord (if possible)

my second choice for paracord color would be safety orange on both.

Paypal at the ready, let me know the total price please,

-Mayo

(oh yeah, USPS priority shipping is preferred)

Hello Mr. STR,

I am interesting in purchasing a pair of your Ti prybars:

1 blue anodized prybar w/green paracord (if possible)
1 green anodized prybar w/blue paracord (if possible)

my second choice for paracord color would be safety orange on both.

Paypal at the ready, let me know the total price please,

-Mayo

(oh yeah, USPS priority shipping is preferred)

$44 total shipped out tomorrow morning. I'll anodize one blue and one green and wrap them to your request right now. They will be ready to ship as soon as you send me the payment and address. STR@bladeforums.com is my pay pal. Thanks
STR

$44 total shipped out tomorrow morning. I'll anodize one blue and one green and wrap them to your request right now. They will be ready to ship as soon as you send me the payment and address. STR@bladeforums.com is my pay pal. Thanks
STR

Paypal sent STR, very cool tool you have here! I'll see how these things hold up in the Pacific Ocean 'round Xmas!

-Mayo

They'll do just fine. Have some working the Alaskan coast, Florida Coast and LA in the Gulf too as well as other parts of the world and Hawaii. Other than scratchin' them up you can't really hurt em much I don't think.

I see the payment and they are anodized, cord wrapped and packed up to ship out tomorrow morning. Thanks for your interest.

STR

STR,

thanks

My friend I have your six done and ready but am still waiting to hear back from you. Let me know if you still want these. Thanks

STR

Hello Steve,

Can you make a dark grey anodized with grey cord wrap? Thanks.

Jeff

Hello Steve,

Can you make a dark grey anodized with grey cord wrap? Thanks.

Jeff

Dark grey cord yes, dark grey anodized no. The only real grey color I can get is by bead blasting. Those are lighter at first and darken some over time and thats as close as I can get it. I do have battleship gray color cord though..

STR

Back