Mini Ti Pry Info Thread

Hi str, I was curious if you carried any type of reflective cord to wrap it black beat blasted bar with orange reflective cord to match my triage would be awesome haha but whatever color would be cool

No not in orange. The only one I have that is reflective is the neon green and black cord I bought. I found out rather recently this was the case but it will fluoresce under a light in the dark yes. Its the only one I have though. Thanks for asking

STR

Could not ask this question on clip page have you made a clip for a spyderco police 3 looks like it might be hard to get to the screws in tip up. I just saw a picture of the cuda maxx you bead blasted is that the one you
made a clip for and added PB washers,I just picked up a cuda maxx new in the box and I am probably crazy but I want the PBs and the blast I am going to lose the clip and build a sheath with a clip.I live in ca and if your
knife is in plain sight no blade length limit more to keep the local law to confiscate and keep.I thik I read somewhere you are not doing custom work so is it possible a blast and PB install could be considered light custom work
thanks for your time in advance Mike

Could not ask this question on clip page have you made a clip for a spyderco police 3 looks like it might be hard to get to the screws in tip up. I just saw a picture of the cuda maxx you bead blasted is that the one you
made a clip for and added PB washers,I just picked up a cuda maxx new in the box and I am probably crazy but I want the PBs and the blast I am going to lose the clip and build a sheath with a clip.I live in ca and if your
knife is in plain sight no blade length limit more to keep the local law to confiscate and keep.I thik I read somewhere you are not doing custom work so is it possible a blast and PB install could be considered light custom work
thanks for your time in advance Mike

Mike I'll answer it here but this is not the place to start a new topic either. This is my pry bar thread for pry bar discussions not pocket clips so I don't really want to carry this further than this post. In the future start your own thread on the topic you want to discuss. Most would see this as hijacking a thread and you'd be infracted or warned on forums for it.

I don't recall doing any washer replacements on that one. Its possible but if I did it I forgot the details. Its not just as easy as popping in any ole washers. They have to be the correct thickness, the right outside diameter and inside so they function without interfering with the detent or rotation of the blade and basically its a lot of small details have to be gone over to even know if the washers you wish to use are anywhere near the correct sizing. Put in too thick you mess up the way the pivot works and you even can mess with the screw staying tight by putting it on a bind. Make it too thin in the pivot you end up with a pivot barrel that won't tighten down all the way and side to side play so you have to know all these things to replace those. The original washers are set up to be the same thickness or dang close to the same as the height of the spacers. Change the washers and many times you end up having to replace spacers as well so it domino effects on you to cause other areas to be off.

I recall seeing that knife. Don't recall the clips if any. I know I saw some of them when they were still made. Thats about the best I can do without pics. The jobs I do now are my low rider clips and pry bars. Bead blasting, wave mods, anodizing, scale replacements, lock side rebuilds and so on all were dropped and discontinued to focus on those two items I do everyday for folks. I don't even do much in the way of drilling and threading anymore unless its softer materials. This time of year is when my compressors give me the most fits for moisture so when I did offer some blasting I tried to do them other than during these humid times like it has been here. Its drying out some here now but we had sprinkles again yesterday and generally speaking I swayed away from big jobs for blasting even when I did them and it was all due to how it clogs the nozzle over time the more you blast. So in order to save my system set up for the clips and small items I do I stopped taking on those other odd jobs since they seemed to be the sole party responsible for clogging my lines with rocks of powder from running the thing so long to cover bigger items in the cabinet. Hope that makes sense. Bottom line is though to make this short and sweet, I appreciate your asking but I'll pass to stick with the smaller items I'm currently focused on. Thanks again
STR

Last edited:
hey str, so id like to order 2 pry bars both bent, both bead blasted, one in black with green reflective cord, the other in the dark olive green color with black reflective cord. i'll be depositing money into my account tomorrow morning and sending payment via paypal

hey str, so id like to order 2 pry bars both bent, both bead blasted, one in black with green reflective cord, the other in the dark olive green color with black reflective cord. i'll be depositing money into my account tomorrow morning and sending payment via paypal

I think you misunderstood. I have cord that is green/black cord. Its green and black together on one cord if that makes better sense. I sometimes don't re-read what I write and it comes out wrong so sorry if I mislead you to think I had black reflective and green reflective cord. Just the one. Thanks
STR

haha no problems i quickly read it, so i'll take them both with the green and black cording then i'll be sending the payment in a few minutes

I cannot do black because anodizing does not produce that color. I can only do what is shown in my picture of the many multi colored bars I made as these are the colors produced when using the bath and DC current to produce the oxide layer that causes the infraction of the light between the clear layers as it is stacked on with increasing voltage. I've looked into black. Nothing I find is simple enough to do for what I am offering. I'm already pushing the envelope for the max someone would spend on a pocket clip as it is, or at least that is the way I feel about it and to add a lot of additional labor or tasking to get black is just well, out of the question. If it was as easy as the other colors I'd be all over that.

Angle? It depends on how hard I tweak on it. Some want steeper bends, some slight, and I try to fill based on the requests. These are in a pinch tools not real technical or precise. The angle of the bend is slight on most but keep in mind that many buy these straight because the para cord wrap offers somewhat of a fulcrum in itself allowing levering up of objects and it has enough compressive strength on its own from the cord wrap to support most anything you will do with a small light to medium duty pry tool such as this. I sell just as many straight as bent and many feel the straight ones carry better in the back pocket, carry and pack better in survival tins and purse or carry totes and such and that they could always bend it later if need be although I do not recommend that. It requires some torch heat to bend these at this thickness. Well, I mean you can bend it without but the risk of tearing or weakening at that point is a concern so rather than do this it is just as easy to heat it and then hand rub that anodizing and staining from the torch off and what you miss gets wiped off with the blasting if you bead blast or the anodizing if you cover over it.

Thanks for asking
STR

hey str just trying to make sure you received my payment

oh also i noticed you told the above poster, that your unable to do black, is that only through anodizing? i only ask cause i asked for a black bead blasted and you didnt say it wasnt possible so just curious

Last edited:
hey str just trying to make sure you received my payment

oh also i noticed you told the above poster, that your unable to do black, is that only through anodizing? i only ask cause i asked for a black bead blasted and you didnt say it wasnt possible so just curious

Black has never been an available color choice. It is posted in my original work order form thread sticky and it was in the links until those quit working a while ago. Anyway, I have stated it many times here for folks and it is out there that black or red are not colors I can get with anodizing. As I recall one email, and it may not be you but one said black or blue and I think even a third choice. I am sure I went with one of those and I recall doing one blue and making it dark. If there are other choices picked I usually know what I need and just do that rather than stop to contact someone. I believe yours is blue if I'm thinking of the right one.

The colors as they come are bright and may stand out to the eye but with exposure to the sun and handling this will subdue down some on most and in short order.

I don't know if I got the payment or not because I don't recall your real name or have that in front of me. I doubt it shows up as the screen name so I haven't looked figuring it would be hard to even tell. I will see if I can figure out which one you are though but right now I haven't had my first cup of jo so back when awake.
STR

I see the payment and we are squared away. Thanks
STR

Thanks a lot Steve, look forward to getting the pry bars, I'll probably will be ordering a couple of deep carry clips within the week, quick question have you ever done a clip for a kershaw skyline or kershaw rj2

Hey Steve, I just recieved the pry bars in today, the color wasn't what I was expecting but they look awesome regardless thanks for the awesome work, I'll be making another order soon

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks again....and even had my holster maker whip me up a carrier while making me a new gun belt :)
2012-04-18_18-28-29_476.jpg

2012-04-18_18-26-25_890.jpg

Hey STR, I would like to get one straight, beadblasted, with black and neon green paracord. I sent the money already. These still come with you signature correct? Thanks

Hey STR, I would like to get one straight, beadblasted, with black and neon green paracord. I sent the money already. These still come with you signature correct? Thanks

Always yes. I see your order and have replied. Thanks

STR

Back