Mini Ti Pry Info Thread

If anyone is interested and wants to see more video of the prybar, I've uploaded a little review on youtube. The review is nothing special, but you can see how sexy it is with the hunter orange paracord. ;) Make sure to watch it in 720p HD :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi8qeHbJHKM

luisdent thank you that was very cool! With your okay I would like to link that to my blog info thread. Thanks

STR

I reviewed mine the other day, great fit and finish! Thank you, I barely notice it in my pocket! Love this thing, now gonna flame it.

Are the Pry Bars still available? Ive got to get one... ;)

Yeah but I've been telling folks to allow up to three weeks from the date of payment. See my work order on the first post in this thread or in the other sticky for mailing instructions and low rider clips always at the top of the page with the other tacked posts for easy reference in the future. Be sure to also check my blog for the Feb 2011 post on my mini ti pry. Thanks

STR

Well, they are not really that critically technical to be set to certain specs no. They are each slightly off since I do them myself. What did you have in mind?

STR,

I am like so many that have picked up your Ti mini pry tool from Nutnfancy's vids.

I would like two mini pry bars.

1. Brown anodized pry bar (bent) with OD green para-cord.
2. Dark Blue anodized pry bar (straight) with an orange\black combo para cord.

Confirm the payment of $60 and I will send it via PayPal.

Thank you sir.

Shawn

STR,

I am like so many that have picked up your Ti mini pry tool from Nutnfancy's vids.

I would like two mini pry bars.

1. Brown anodized pry bar (bent) with OD green para-cord.
2. Dark Blue anodized pry bar (straight) with an orange\black combo para cord.

Confirm the payment of $60 and I will send it via PayPal.

Thank you sir.

Shawn

Hi Shawn and thanks for your interest in my mini ti pry. I think your request can be filled, however, I'm currently about three weeks out before I'd get to your order. See here for more and I'll print this info off to have it with your payment once I see that. Be sure the address to ship to shows up in the payment. Many times with hand held devices I don't see that and have to get back to folks. You might also make note of my work order form found here. http://www.strsbackyardknifeworks.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html My shop is a couple hundred paces from the back door and the computer so I normally request a work order. The key thing is the info on the forms tho as just as many don't use them as do and you've provided most of that for the work. I still need the rest tho when you can. Thanks and STR@bladeforums.com is my pay pal. Any email for me will work for that tho. Thanks
STR

STR,

I filled out the order form online and sent it to you. Let me know if you did not receive it.

Honestly, I do not know why I could not follow instructions better! No rush on the order my friend. Get it to me when you can. It is the holidays, so relax with your family.

Thank you for providing a great product for my EDC and bug out bags!

PayPal payment sent this morning.

Hey STR, what's your policy to shipping to Canada? I couldn't find anything on your stick thread about pocket clips.

Thanks

Hey STR, what's your policy to shipping to Canada? I couldn't find anything on your stick thread about pocket clips.

Thanks

I've shipped there and had trouble with first class on three occasions in 2012. Currently I'm only taking orders and stacking them for the prybar as I'm out of stock at this time and have to make another run here. I'm making another run of thirty here soon and can add your order to that once I see it come across but it will be at least a month I suspect before I can get to all these as I've got pocket clips backed up here I have to get out. Just now getting to orders placed the 13th and 14th of Dec for those clips so its going to be a few to get to the end of the month orders and once I catch up with those I'll be able to focus on these new orders. Hope that makes sense. Thanks

Ill take one!
Money sent, details with payment. No rush since you're backed up buddy.
Thanks Steve

-Tony

Plus or minus Barry. What I do is wait til it adds up to 20 people, then I make a run up and do them all at once. So guys that ordered last week, and guys like you this week and probably a few next week that order will all get your stuff about the same time because once I sit down to do them they'll all get knocked out for that run at the same time. Then I'll make a new list and it takes as long as it takes to add up to 20 orders and then I do another run. It isn't written in stone or anything but its just easier for me to do a batch than it is to set up everything for one or two items and then have to go back to another set up on the attachments for my grinder. As I age these grinder parts seem to be getting heavier what can I say! The KMG is a beast!

Well Done Sir!
Just received mine and it's perfect! Nice work!
Thanks!

-Tony

[video=youtube;VrdBrLnZqFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrdBrLnZqFI[/video]

Update for this thread for additional cord choices

Great looking work, how much would it be for your pry bars unwraped and shiped to OR, 97321?
Please note: as of 31 Jan 2013 international postage has doubled in price. I used to be able to mail overseas customers a package up to three ounces for a flat $3. So the old way of doing things I could easily ship you three prybars and it was still $3. To do that now would be a lot more so be advised. For packages up to 2 ounces it is now $6.55 to mail it. It is no longer $3 anywhere. If the package drifts over 2 ounces, which three prybars would do, then it is $9.45 to mail the package international. So as of today guys I can no longer sell the prybars for the flat $30 to USA customers and I need to advise international orders of the increase in cost to ship these or my clips. This is out of my control. It is what it is and I hate it too. Everything I offer is now $37 shipped. Thanks

New pricing since postage went up. Basic mini ti pry as shown is $30 shipped as of now. Thanks for understanding. New for 2012 I will be putting the V notch in all of them. However, there is a catch. I ask that you guys try to work with me keeping the order quantities under 4 at a time. That seems reasonable. Its hard for me to make many more than 10 a day the way I do them and with the other things I have going on so when I get bigger orders it can stress me out getting behind and I really don't like it. :) If you need more than 4 at least run by me your thoughts. We'll discuss it and if the day will allow it I may do it for you. It all depends. Most days I'm doing several clips and pry tools and it can be heavy at times so it all is hit or miss. Anyway, it would help me to try to keep the order quantities down if its okay with you guys.

I figured it was time to create a sticky for my Mini Ti Pry which I've been making for the last few years now. This way when folks ask about them I have an easy link to refer them to. So consider this the go to thread for prybars.

A few years back Lycosa, a member here asked me if I could make him a mini ti pry bar and showed me a rough draft of what he had in mind. I jumped on the idea because at the time I had a bucket full of scrap titanium, which was all end cuts that were too small for knife bodies and too thick for using to make pocket clips. It was a great way to use up what I saw as scrap. Well, that bucket of scrap titanium didn't go far! Eventually, after looking around at some pry bars I had in my own tool boxes and looking at others in stores I kind of came up with something unique that I could call my own. This evolved a bit further as I went, eventually becoming what you see being made by me today.

Most of these are between 3.5" to 4" in length and some may drift over 4" long. All are half an inch plus or minus for width. No two are exactly alike since these are done from scratch using raw materials. They start out as a strip of bare dirty titanium approx. 1/2" wide which came off a larger sheet before that. The thickness is .090 titanium plus or minus and I use the 6AL-4V knifemaker grade ti on these so they are the same titanium that I use for my folding knives. I can wrap them in various colors of para cord. Finish choices are bead blasted or hand rubbed to a satin finish or anodized one of many color choices. (note I cannot get black or red colors). See some samples of those found in threads on my forum here in the provided links or what is posted here by guys that have bought some. Oh, and in my blog link in every post I make too! To check out the new para cord choices for 2011 go here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9137365&postcount=107 .

These are a pry bar on one end and a flat head screw driver on the other end no matter which model you pick. At request I am offering straight or bent on one end. if you do not specifically tell me when you order and pay the default mini ti pry will be hand rubbed and straight on one end with black cord wrap. I have tried to be sure these screw drivers are geared to work quite well for adjusting the pivot barrels of Emerson knives as well as many other light to medium duty jobs you may need a flat head driver for. While these don't set the world on fire for sales or anything they seem to fill a niche for some and can work in place of a knife for those of you in situations where you cannot carry a knife at work or in the office or to those that simply don't want to carry a knife by personal preference. I've sold these to office workers, secretaries, teachers and even law enforcement and security people who use these as probes for working crime scenes for digging around in places they would not want to go with their fingers. In a pinch these prybars can open boxes, pop tape, pry staples, lift water meter lids in the yard or hot pot lids in the kitchen, pop stubborn canned food pop tops or beverages as well as other things working well in many situations for folks that either can't carry a knife or just don't happen to have one on them. I've been told they save your blade for what its made for so rather than ruin the tip of your expensive blade to pry something use a mini ti pry instead. Point is, they do come in handy at times. I hear tell they are hell on the insides of washing machines so if you forget to remove the one you carry consider yourself warned! ;) Clean out your pockets before washing. :D What can I say, they are tough little buggers.

Price is $30 shipped out for the basic model shown here. If you need to contact me personally: This email is also my pay pal address.
STR@bladeforums.com

Let me be very clear:

I need to know these details to fill your order. To try to save on the back and forth emails and delay get your thoughts together before contacting me so you send me all this info and I can serve you faster easier and better. When you contact me tell me:

How many bars we talkin?
Bent or Straight bar?
Bead blasted or hand rubbed finish?
After picking one of those finishes do you want it a color also? Note it can be colored either way or you can skip color its up to you but either way black or red are not available color choices. If you want it anodized what color for the bar? (see pics for color variety of choices)
Finally what cord wrap?
Last:

Speaking of pay pal, please know that I do not ask people to pay me with a personal or gift payment. I don't mind giving pay pal their cut so pay normally for goods. Please be aware if you pay with your cell phone, I Pad or some other hand held the address never shows up when you pay and if you don't pay for goods the address does not get shown to me when you pay. Include it in the notes or it forces me to have to reach out to you to get the address and can delay shipping if I don't hear back from you right away.

Look here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645374&highlight=yummy and here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544445&highlight=prystr for some of the samples for what colors are available. You pick it, I'll stick it! Thanks for coming by and for your interest in one of my key ring pry bars. :thumbup::thumbup:

You can see some pics below of some of them and I have another post in my blog link covering them as well. You'd have to scroll to the right and go through the menu there to find them by clicking on months until you read the title covering them. Then simply click the title and it will take you to the post. My blog link is bottom left of any post I make here on Blade Forums in case you missed it.

STR

[video=youtube;-9xjfI8UnqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-9xjfI8UnqI#![/video]

$37 shipped for one, $67 for two, $97 for three and after three I think it changes a bit for postage but otherwise we're good. STR@bladeforums.com is my email and pay pal and see my blog link below for the Feb 2011 post for more. Thanks
STR

Back