Mini Ti Pry Info Thread

alright i feel dumb, i can't figure out how to PM. i see email, but no PM. -_-

either way, hello everyone!

STR, how much would it be for two of your awesome little pry bars?
one, bead blasted (matte finish?), no anodizing, with the smaller cord (OD w/ Black)
and the other hand rubbed (glossier-looking?), emerald green anodizing, with neon orange in the normal sized cord.
a 4-6inch loop off the end of both would be great! (if i'm allowed to make that specification >.>)

oh, all of the current bars are notched on one end, yes?

shipped to 77044

i see above the pricing is 67$ for two, but figured i'd ask just in case any price changes occurred since then.
thanks!

alright i feel dumb, i can't figure out how to PM. i see email, but no PM. -_-

either way, hello everyone!

STR, how much would it be for two of your awesome little pry bars?
one, bead blasted (matte finish?), no anodizing, with the smaller cord (OD w/ Black)
and the other hand rubbed (glossier-looking?), emerald green anodizing, with neon orange in the normal sized cord.
a 4-6inch loop off the end of both would be great! (if i'm allowed to make that specification >.>)

oh, all of the current bars are notched on one end, yes?

shipped to 77044

i see above the pricing is 67$ for two, but figured i'd ask just in case any price changes occurred since then.
thanks!

Yeah you got it right $67 and any of my emails work for pay pal or snail mail as per the address in my sticky post for low rider or mini ti pry order and mail instructions. Its one of several posts always at the top of the page here for easy ref. Second post in that thread and it has my addy if its a money order. I prefer pay pal as its easier to book keep but take both or any. I quit bead blasting but I can etch after stone washing and get the same effect and look pretty much down to not noticing unless you really stick them side by side and even then if you don't do it right off the bat when new in time they look the same. Anyway, just let me know. I have two slightly bent stone washed ready to wrap and to get the emerald color you want in green I'd have to etch it so hand rubbing or stone washed either is a waste of time since that will burn off whatever you do. :) I'll just dip it and make it green and etch the other and they can still go out today if I hear back with a payment and address by 11 am central. Thanks
STR

thanks for the response, STR.
when you say 'slightly bent,' are there varying degrees available now? as far as the bending goes, i'd like it how ever all others are bent, if that's what 'slightly' is, then i'm good. :)
sorry i wasnt able to get payment out, i didn't think i'd get a response so quick :p
i'll have the payment on its way within a week's time, sorry if that kinks up your production. :(

thanks for the response, STR.
when you say 'slightly bent,' are there varying degrees available now? as far as the bending goes, i'd like it how ever all others are bent, if that's what 'slightly' is, then i'm good. :)
sorry i wasnt able to get payment out, i didn't think i'd get a response so quick :p
i'll have the payment on its way within a week's time, sorry if that kinks up your production. :(

Its no problem at all. Nothing takes long on my bench. Even when I'm slow I'm still faster than most anyone you'll ever deal with based on what I hear from customers. I'm too anal for it to be otherwise I guess. :D When you are ready just email me at STR@bladeforums.com that is the fastest easiest way to reach me and get a quick answer. Thanks

Hello! I would like a Mini Ti Pry!

It appears from some of your more recent posts that some options have changed (now that you no longer bead blast, are there any options for how the surface of the pry bar is finished?), but what I am looking for based on the info from the original post are as follows:

*EDITED AS OF 12.31.13*
# of bars: 1
bent or straight: Bent
finish: Stone Washed
color: none
what color cord wrap: solid-color black 550 normal non-reflective paracord

If you can just confirm for me the options (if any) for how the pry bar is finished as well as the final price of $37 and I'll send it right to your paypal! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Hello! I would like a Mini Ti Pry!

It appears from some of your more recent posts that some options have changed (now that you no longer bead blast, are there any options for how the surface of the pry bar is finished?), but what I am looking for based on the info from the original post are as follows:

bead blasted or hand rubbed finish: Hand rubbed (are there any other options to pick from anyway? I think I want hand rubbed anyway but just curious.)
what color cord wrap: none

If you can just confirm for me the options (if any) for how the pry bar is finished as well as the final price of $37 and I'll send it right to your paypal! Thanks in advance!!

Yes sir and until now I thought I had updated all my pages. I just did page one here. Thanks. I won't be back to even be there to do anything until Thurs. Once back tho sure I'll sure take care of your needs. The bead blasted was replaced by etching the bar. It looks the same and my asthma is not irritated by it like the blast cabinet which is no longer even hooked up. Hand rubbed is fine if you like it. I've got a dealer order and some other things to do when I get back but come next Monday I figure a big ole batch of stuff will be leaving my shop. $37 shipped out pay pal works at any of my emails but STR@bladeforums.com is the shortest easiest to type so most use it. Thanks Oh and my apologies on the missed area for details. I still can't believe I skipped over that one of all of them. Anyway, done now.

STR

Yes sir and until now I thought I had updated all my pages. I just did page one here. Thanks. I won't be back to even be there to do anything until Thurs. Once back tho sure I'll sure take care of your needs. The bead blasted was replaced by etching the bar. It looks the same and my asthma is not irritated by it like the blast cabinet which is no longer even hooked up. Hand rubbed is fine if you like it. I've got a dealer order and some other things to do when I get back but come next Monday I figure a big ole batch of stuff will be leaving my shop. $37 shipped out pay pal works at any of my emails but STR@bladeforums.com is the shortest easiest to type so most use it. Thanks Oh and my apologies on the missed area for details. I still can't believe I skipped over that one of all of them. Anyway, done now. STR

Thanks so much for the quick and thorough response! And no worries - I appreciate your help!!!

I have two final (and admittedly newbie, so I apologize in advance) questions left, and then I will update my request and send my $37 into paypal:

1.) Can you describe (either in words or with a picture) the difference between stone washed, hand rubbed, and etched?

2.) Regarding the paracord you currently have in stock, do you have black, black-reflective, or any gray colors? I'm changing my mind on paracord after seeing someone mention that the paracord serves as a nice cushion for your hands when using the bar.

Thanks again for your help, past and future!

Thanks so much for the quick and thorough response! And no worries - I appreciate your help!!!

I have two final (and admittedly newbie, so I apologize in advance) questions left, and then I will update my request and send my $37 into paypal:

1.) Can you describe (either in words or with a picture) the difference between stone washed, hand rubbed, and etched?

2.) Regarding the paracord you currently have in stock, do you have black, black-reflective, or any gray colors? I'm changing my mind on paracord after seeing someone mention that the paracord serves as a nice cushion for your hands when using the bar.

Thanks again for your help, past and future!

Well, nix the reflective then for cushion. At least my reflective is more expensive than regular para cord, not 550 and the reflectors kinda stand up a bit. I have green, black or blue and its $3 to wrap with it. three more I should say. Anyway, the battleship gray is all I'd have I think and I'd have to find it. I have it I know that but its not called for often so its in a drawer not out in the baskets with the frequent use stuff.

Stone washed is just that. Its washed, in my tub with rocks, both from my drive, a river, some from the store in the shape of triangles and all that sloshes around with some ceramic tile I broke up, dawn dish soap and water. It beats them up, knocks off the rough and sharp edges and leaves a finish of multi scratches after leaving it in my vibrating tumbler for various lengths of time. People like it cause when you scratch it on a bump or something it just adds one of many other scratches to it...big deal.

Etched looks for all practical purposes like a battleship gray color, literally. I like it better than the blasted look as its a duller more actual ship appearance look to me. I also like it because it does the same thing and is less mess than bead blasting. It can also be done to various 'degrees' by timing how long you dip it.

Hand rubbed is nothing more for me than rubbing it out using a Scotchbrite pad, usually one of the industrial reddish brown colored ones. It leaves a nice brushed look.

Well, nix the reflective then for cushion. At least my reflective is more expensive than regular para cord, not 550 and the reflectors kinda stand up a bit. I have green, black or blue and its $3 to wrap with it. three more I should say. Anyway, the battleship gray is all I'd have I think and I'd have to find it. I have it I know that but its not called for often so its in a drawer not out in the baskets with the frequent use stuff.

Stone washed is just that. Its washed, in my tub with rocks, both from my drive, a river, some from the store in the shape of triangles and all that sloshes around with some ceramic tile I broke up, dawn dish soap and water. It beats them up, knocks off the rough and sharp edges and leaves a finish of multi scratches after leaving it in my vibrating tumbler for various lengths of time. People like it cause when you scratch it on a bump or something it just adds one of many other scratches to it...big deal.

Etched looks for all practical purposes like a battleship gray color, literally. I like it better than the blasted look as its a duller more actual ship appearance look to me. I also like it because it does the same thing and is less mess than bead blasting. It can also be done to various 'degrees' by timing how long you dip it.

Hand rubbed is nothing more for me than rubbing it out using a Scotchbrite pad, usually one of the industrial reddish brown colored ones. It leaves a nice brushed look.

Stone washed sounds good!

I'm fine with nixing the reflective for the reasons you stated, but two final clarifications on your comments about the paracord you have in stock (apologies as I may just be reading it wrong and getting confused):

1. Are the green, black, and blue colors you mentioned referring to non-reflective, solid-color, "normal" 550 paracord you have in stock? If not, and those three colors you listed are the colors of reflective cord you have, do you have a "normal" black 550 non-reflective solid color paracord available?

2. The $3 dollars extra - is that for reflective cord only or is it an extra $3 to wrap the pry bars in any cord now?

Again sorry for the additional questions as I think I'm just getting confused as it's late in the day here where I'm reading this. Basically, if I can get my pry bar stone washed and wrapped in solid black 550 paracord we should be good to go. Thanks for your help!

Just the reflective. The other is included and it is 550 thanks

Just the reflective. The other is included and it is 550 thanks

Perfect - I'll go with regular solid-color black non-reflective normal 550 paracord then.

Here's my updated order (I've also updated my original order a few posts up to avoid confusion):

I will send in my $37 to your paypal right now at the str@bladeforums.com address. Thanks again!

Perfect - I'll go with regular solid-color black non-reflective normal 550 paracord then.

Here's my updated order (I've also updated my original order a few posts up to avoid confusion):

I will send in my $37 to your paypal right now at the str@bladeforums.com address. Thanks again!

Correct. Thanks
STR

I absolutely love STR Titanium Pry Bars! Here are my two. The one with black paracord is my EDC pry bar. The other one I use for backpacking and camping. These things are awesome!

I absolutely love STR Titanium Pry Bars! Here are my two. The one with black paracord is my EDC pry bar. The other one I use for backpacking and camping. These things are awesome!

Just saw this pic. Thanks its going in my blog here soon! If that is okay I mean! Thanks

nI
TPS what type of finish did you get on the one that is wrapped in black paracord?? I'm thinking of ordering a few and will probably go with etched and or stonewashed. Thanks!!

wondering if you have any streks left for sale having a hard time e-mailing. is there possibly a phone no. you can be reached at? i'm pretty much computer illiterate, so any response would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited:
I have been out of them for some time now. Thanks for asking but long gone on the remaining STREKs

Back