1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mini Tolk impressions or reviews?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by miso2, Jun 16, 2017.

1. jalcon

jalcon

Jul 30, 2013
    ^ What he said!! ^

2. whatthejon

whatthejon

Apr 24, 2011
    Mind saying what he emailed out? I ordered mine late Monday night so I probably missed that email.

For those of you who ordered, was your order processed right away? On the website, the status of my order is still processing :(

3. hapasnyper

hapasnyper

Sep 11, 2012
    @whatthejon yeah I have a feeling only the people who got on early for the first run got that email. He quoted 3-4 week delivery I ordered on June 16.

Basically he said that 40% of the blades in the first bath were unsaleable so he had to remake them. Which is why it has been taking so long.

4. whatthejon

whatthejon

Apr 24, 2011
    Nice, thanks for the reply. Please let us know when you receive yours!

5. jalcon

jalcon

Jul 30, 2013
    Interesting...wonder what went wrong

6. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    He mentioned in his Instagram that the CNC grinding became close to the perfection several days ago. I guess he has been struggling with his new CNC.
    But 40% is huge!

7. whatthejon

whatthejon

Apr 24, 2011
    Just curious, for those of you who ordered a mini tolk, does your order status on the website still say processing?

8. miso2

Nov 19, 2014
    Bump.

9. miso2

Nov 19, 2014
    It seems like the ordering page has been gone completely. Brad's Instagram has not been updated since July 21st.
    I am hoping that he is just busy for the upcoming G9, and that everything is fine.

Has anyone who ordered mini Tolk received it yet?

10. hapasnyper

hapasnyper

Sep 11, 2012
    @miso2 still have not received the mini tolk. Haven't been contacted since the other email the other week.

11. miso2

Nov 19, 2014
    Hmmm.....

12. miso2

Nov 19, 2014
    There was an update on Brad's Instagram that he cancelled G9 attendance to put more focus on the family and Mini Tolk.
    He mentioned that the progress is slow but steady. Promising to me!
    Hope those who ordered one receive yours soon, and please show it here or write a review in the review forum!

13. jalcon

jalcon

Jul 30, 2013
    Did you guys get these yet?

14. miso2

Nov 19, 2014
    There was a update today on Brad's Instagram that the FIRST BATCH is going to be finished soon, with a video!

15. whatthejon

whatthejon

Apr 24, 2011
    My order on his site still says processing :/

16. miso2

Nov 19, 2014
    Anyone received it yet?

17. stuff_things

stuff_things Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I once waited over two months to get a replacement pivot screw from Brad. I admire his work, but like so many custom makers his punctuality and communication is second to his skill. I know it sucks but patience is the key!

matt009au likes this.
  18. NickShabazz

NickShabazz Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Nope, nothing here. But I told him specifically to put me towards the back of the line, so that doesn't shock me.

19. tyyreaun

tyyreaun Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2017
    Why back of the line - so he gets any production bugs out of the way before he makes yours? :)

20. NickShabazz

NickShabazz Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Well, sure, the less "bad" and "ugly" in the product, the better. But more than anything, I know that I'm super lucky as a reviewer to have no shortage of excellent gear to play with, so even though I'm excited, waiting is pretty painless. So I'd rather my early delivery spot goes to the guy who's just spent his year's worth of knife budget and is waiting outside the post office every day in hopes that it'll be that day.

And, frankly, I hope it takes some of the pressure off for Brad, too. He's got enough on his mind, so I want him to know that I'm not going to publicly drag him over the coals for taking his time to dial things in, and for helping other customers with more urgent needs first.

Cereal_killer likes this.