Mini Tolk impressions or reviews?

he just sent out an email to everyone who has ordered one, explaining why it has taken so long. But good news he says that he is going to start assembly and shipping tomorrow!

Mind saying what he emailed out? I ordered mine late Monday night so I probably missed that email.

For those of you who ordered, was your order processed right away? On the website, the status of my order is still processing :(

W whatthejon yeah I have a feeling only the people who got on early for the first run got that email. He quoted 3-4 week delivery I ordered on June 16.

Basically he said that 40% of the blades in the first bath were unsaleable so he had to remake them. Which is why it has been taking so long.

W whatthejon yeah I have a feeling only the people who got on early for the first run got that email. He quoted 3-4 week delivery I ordered on June 16.

Basically he said that 40% of the blades in the first bath were unsaleable so he had to remake them. Which is why it has been taking so long.

Nice, thanks for the reply. Please let us know when you receive yours!

He mentioned in his Instagram that the CNC grinding became close to the perfection several days ago. I guess he has been struggling with his new CNC.
But 40% is huge!

Just curious, for those of you who ordered a mini tolk, does your order status on the website still say processing?

It seems like the ordering page has been gone completely. Brad's Instagram has not been updated since July 21st.
I am hoping that he is just busy for the upcoming G9, and that everything is fine.

Has anyone who ordered mini Tolk received it yet?

There was an update on Brad's Instagram that he cancelled G9 attendance to put more focus on the family and Mini Tolk.
He mentioned that the progress is slow but steady. Promising to me!
Hope those who ordered one receive yours soon, and please show it here or write a review in the review forum!

There was a update today on Brad's Instagram that the FIRST BATCH is going to be finished soon, with a video!

I once waited over two months to get a replacement pivot screw from Brad. I admire his work, but like so many custom makers his punctuality and communication is second to his skill. I know it sucks but patience is the key!

Nope, nothing here. But I told him specifically to put me towards the back of the line, so that doesn't shock me.

Why back of the line - so he gets any production bugs out of the way before he makes yours? :)

Well, sure, the less "bad" and "ugly" in the product, the better. But more than anything, I know that I'm super lucky as a reviewer to have no shortage of excellent gear to play with, so even though I'm excited, waiting is pretty painless. So I'd rather my early delivery spot goes to the guy who's just spent his year's worth of knife budget and is waiting outside the post office every day in hopes that it'll be that day.

And, frankly, I hope it takes some of the pressure off for Brad, too. He's got enough on his mind, so I want him to know that I'm not going to publicly drag him over the coals for taking his time to dial things in, and for helping other customers with more urgent needs first.

Back