MIRABILE FORGED IN FIRE OCT 24 2017

What's the "Blade Forums" total record so far??

I enjoyed seeing Mark kill it last week. And they didn't even show all of his extra work (hidden dagger).

Yay, David!!

I still think it's a dumb show, and Doug, while he seems like a nice guy, can't cut for shit.....but am real excited to see you compete.

Was real happy Mark Knapp won, he's got a lot of skill and composure!

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Wonderful Joe. You guys travel safe and I wish David everything of the best for the show.:thumbsup::)

Wow... that's cool. Can't wait to see how it comes out- I mean, it's a good bet that David is gonna crush it but regardless it should be a fun episode, too.
Break a leg, man!

Way to go brother. Here's the thing about the show, when established makers inter the show, they have everything to lose. When un-known makers compete, they have everything to gain. Anything can happen. If you want something to go wrong, point a camera at it. It takes real guts for an established guy to do that.

When the filming is all done, the competitors know the outcome but we don't know what will be on the show. Because it's a show, all or most of the mistakes we make go in it, it just makes for good TV. On the contrary, they don't have enough time to put in all the things that we got right. It's more exciting to the viewer to see the things that went wrong than it is to see what went right.

All that having been said, the show is a ton of fun, one of the most positive things I've ever done. It forces you to get out of your routine and challenges you to do thing you would never think of doing. The rewards go for beyond the prize money.

Kudos to you my friend, go Alaska

Mark very true

An established maker especially if he is known as a high performance or high end maker has everything to lose

You boys from Alaska have balls that’s for sure :)

Burt Foster won $10k and in another appearance was booted in the first round.

I'd like to see a behind the scenes episode. How they temper the blades, etc.

Good thing everybody who enters is unknown to the majority of people who watch the show.

If the top chefs in the world can survive and thrive after competing in Iron Chef and losing, then bladesmiths will be just fine.

I have been making knives for 8 years and still have no clue who 99% of the people are who compete on the show lol

and Doug, while he seems like a nice guy, can't cut for shit....

Now I don't claim to be a good cutter in any way shape or form. But every time I see one of the slowmo shots of Doug Marcaida slapping a side of meat with the flat of the blade (Which is almost every time I see a slow mo of him cutting) it angers me. It just does sooo much injustice to the hard work of the smiths.

Still though....I enjoy the show other than that annoyance.

If you want something to go wrong, point a camera at it. It takes real guts for an established guy to do that.
A buddy of mine came to my studio a few years back and wanted to do a video shoot of me working in action. Candidly....

I had never spent so much time fussing and getting my lighting WRONG. :confused: :mad: It was a total fail. I asked him to delete them. LOL!

The omnipresent critical lens really changes the ability to think clearly. It's an acquired talent, and that may be why we see so many INCREDIBLE smiths do 'poorly'.

David is resourceful: Working out of a square can in AK. I suspect he'll do well. :)

Back