MIRABILE / LONG DRAGONFLY CUTTER (TONBOKIRI)

Looks wicked as hell!

It really is

If there were ever a end of the world Apocalypse style blade this might be it

As a castle sword (short sword) this piece is a stand out

There are so many reasons I favor longer handles

I will do another cutting video and go over why I favor longer handles

When choked up using one hand to the Turks head the blade becomes very quick as in changes direction quickly

When not choked up using one hand the blade becomes very powerful think of framing handle

Two handed observation

I have not cut much the last decade or so

When I do it’s to test a blade and I usually only prepare 10 to 15 targets

So by the time I’m getting up to speed and getting used to things I’m out of targets :)

You can see while this was literally the first time I swung this piece when I transition to the double hand cut my hands go naturally to this length handle

The two handed swing adds a lot of power

You don’t need this for tatami mats but if you were trying to cut through leather and or armor you would

Gonna try to make time to really see how well this thing will cut

BTW David is making a slightly larger much more ornate variant

This will be a work of art

This one will be clay hardened version so a much more distinct Hamon

This piece will be at the blade Show if all goes well

Man, thread keeps getting better. Make sure to keep us updated on this piece, and the fancy pants version too!!!

Man, thread keeps getting better. Make sure to keep us updated on this piece, and the fancy pants version too!!!

Will do

I’ll get David to keep sending me pics of the next build

When I was a kid I dreamed about stuff like this :)

That thing is awesome.

I almost pulled the trigger on that Patton version a couple of times but my rotator cuff isn't up for anything fun these days.

That thing is awesome.

I almost pulled the trigger on that Patton version a couple of times but my rotator cuff isn't up for anything fun these days.

Sorry to hear that. My shoulders are junk right now too, but this thread makes me want to work hard at rehabbing them...

That thing is awesome.

That Patton piece was a sweet rig at a great price

Spent about 10 minutes warming up and stretching out my shoulders before I started

Gonna order more mats and see what I can do

Joe, red marks on your back in one of the tattoo pics.... were you practicing with one of your bull whips???

Joe I wont be going this year. Its been some years now so maybe next time around ill go!

Always great threads centred around the contstruction of exceptional man blades, what more could you want.

It must have two blades, I see two chunks of mat falling....:):) How's it going Joe. Another nice piece from Dave. Nice job guys.

It must have two blades, I see two chunks of mat falling....:):) How's it going Joe. Another nice piece from Dave. Nice job guys.

Hello Mark

I hope all is well with you and yours my friend

See you soon in Atlanta hopefully

Back