mislabeled chinese blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tested any of these to be at the 58 to 60 hrc that they ,claim to be or a listed d2 steel that doesn't trust? For example.

Has anyone tested any of these to be at the 58 to 60 hrc that they ,claim to be or a listed d2 steel that doesn't rust? For example.

Has anyone tested any of these to be at the 58 to 60 hrc that they ,claim to be or a listed d2 steel that doesn't rust? For example.
Please don't tell us your on the dhgate an aliexpress buying crap clones.
These are not supported vendors or makers here. They are almost always bad or not the material listed. And d2 can be an assortment of different steels including 8cr13mov.

Even if they are target hrc and actually d2... They are often still using a poor heat treatment and often are very chippy.

Please support our vendors and makers here.

Last edited:
Does this include the majority of American, German, UK, Nordic, etc knives with lased engravings of more than 50% local parts count and assembled in that country, but really Chinese blades, handle slabs, plus 4 pins made in country? And if it does count, do those count as Chinese, or the other country mislabeling?

I try not to buy anything from repressive police states.

I say, there, a bit harsh words, "repressive", over simply bulldozing churches, shipping members to reeducation camps to be beaten and starved into submission, and requiring DNA samples of anyone suspicious, don't you think?
Sure, occasional running over of massed protesters with tanks after shooing away media, but, still, gotta admit they make some mighty cheap stuff, you know...especially knives...cheap...and I mean CHEAP.

We really should not bring politics into this, as cheap is all that matters, and even makes money for people who pay for advertising, spreading all that money otherwise wasted on someone else living as good as us.

I know there are Chinese Mfg. who have proven to have quality knives, but i try to find a company in the USA who do their own heat treating and their own Mfg.

Many like Spyderco Mfg. some of their knives in Golden Colorado, but they also have companies in China and other countries doing their Mfg.

I just buy the Spyderco knives i want made in Golden Colorado, i just feel better supporting people working in the USA.

Alibaba and Aliexpress are the global homes of a wide variety of clones, counterfeits, knockoffs, etc. They peddle those things openly and with pride. If whatever caused you to ask your question about mislabeled steel came from one of those two companies, you almost undoubtedly have a counterfeit with mislabeled steel.

Reactions: Mo2
I just Dropped $300 on the Benchmade bushcrafter EOD and the green handled version I buy american , I was just curious , even with slave labor how such blades as these chinese blades on ebay could be produced and shipped at $20

Last edited:
I just Dropped $300 on the Benchmade bushcrafter EOD and the green handled version , I was just curious , even with slave labor how such blades could be produced and shipped at $20
You bought a knock off benchmade for 20.00 and want to know if the hardness they advertise is correct? :confused:

Is it any different the U.S. manufactuered blades being "accidentally" mislabled and sold at then much high prices???

Asking for a friend.

No I was just comparing cheap chinese blades labeled at similar hardness .
I don't know what the hell your asking. The thread title says mislabeled Chinese blades. What are they mislabeled with? Are you trying to say ask if they are falsely advertising a hardness that the blade isn't actually at?

What manufacturer? All Chinese manufacturers?

Your not clearly conveying your thoughts, at all.

We buy steel, say cook for 10 minute, then stick in water. Say 58 to 60 hrc. What more you want, Kung Pao chicken? You cook, see what you get.

Seemore "beavers" took off?

Not sure why everyones so confused. His second post is pretty clear what's going on. He bought a $300 benchmade ( doesn't specify where from though) . But was curious how Chinese companies sell similar knives with the "same" steel for waaaaay less money. Hes just asking if they purposefully miss label their steel and aren't honest about it.

I hope he didnt buy a knockoff of a $300 benchmade and just wants to find out if itll pass for the real thing...

Reactions: Mo2
The knock offs are really bad. Not worth it but people buy them cause they don't know and don't have cash to buy the real thing. Clones and sites that promote them are the worst thing in the community

As I said before ,I just bought both the Eod and the green Benchmade bushcrafters in s30v because I wasn't sure which color would grow one me. I just answered my own question as I just saw article about ckrt mislabeling some folders at s30v and then buying them back . To some degree you get what you pay for ,it would be nice to actualy know what you are getting that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back