MKM Mercury Knives Malga 6 Multi-Tool Folding Knife

I just ran across the MKM Malga 6 Multi-Tool Folding Knife and I wanted to see what others thoughts were on this knife.

If the fork was traded for scissors I’d have ordered one. I like the choice of blade steel and the micarta is nice.

Agreed. I like the blade steel and scales. If they released one with a different set up, such as scissors over the fork, then it would be a winner for me as well.

That knife sure looks appealing. I think the fork could come handy in camping/picnic scenarios. I don't know why every knife like this would have to do the same tricks, so the fork is interesting for me.

It's interesting. Do I need m390 blade in a sak, probably not.
If I needed a fork model. I would go for 111mm cheese sak. Or a case hobo that separates into knife and fork.
Mitch

It's a bit overpriced imo. But to be honest I find it very classy looking and the addition of a fork would work great at work as well. The m390 blade steel and micarta scales is just icing on the cake. I'm really on the fence about getting one.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one in green micarta a couple of weeks back. Initial impression is favorable. Fit and finish is very nice on mine. My only complaints are that I find the pull to be a little soft for my taste (probably about a 4 out of 10) and the blade isn't as sharp out of the box as I would prefer. I've always wanted a sak with a premium steel blade and the Malga definitely scratches that itch. I'm looking forward to the other variations that MKM has hinted at as well!

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one in green micarta a couple of weeks back. Initial impression is favorable. Fit and finish is very nice on mine. My only complaints are that I find the pull to be a little soft for my taste (probably about a 4 out of 10) and the blade isn't as sharp out of the box as I would prefer. I've always wanted a sak with a premium steel blade and the Malga definitely scratches that itch. I'm looking forward to the other variations that MKM has hinted at as well!

That's good to hear. Next week is payday and I'll order one then. How's the pull compared to a victorinox?

So i guess you mean by pull you meant to open tge tools? So hows the slipjoint once the knife or tools are open? Do they feel secure or kinda flimsy and prone to closing while you use them?

Sorry for all these questions, but this knife has been on my mind since it came out and the only store near me that has them hasn't open their showroom yet due to covid.

So i guess you mean by pull you meant to open tge tools? So hows the slipjoint once the knife or tools are open? Do they feel secure or kinda flimsy and prone to closing while you use them?

Sorry for all these questions, but this knife has been on my mind since it came out and the only store near me that has them hasn't open their showroom yet due to covid.

I'm happy to answer questions! By "pull" I do mean ease of opening but the pull is also going to tell you how easy or hard a slipjoint is to close as well. While I don't think you'll have to worry about the blade falling close on your fingers or anything, the blade and tools are a little easier to open and close than I personally like to see in a slipjoint.

Thats enough for me to bite the bullet and get one. For hard use I have a backup, the mkm will only be used for light cutting use only. And the occasional opening if bottles. Love the looks of it! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Back