MMalvaux swiss knife

I have just learned of a Malvaux knife made in Switzerland. It has a bent handle and a single nonlocking blade. Does anyone have more information on this?:)

I only find one model, a single blade SAK-style knife with as you say a bent, non-locking blade that has a MRSP (in Europe) of $262. Looks like they haven't been making knives long - less than ten years? maybe a LOT less than 10 years?

Apparently, they're not best sellers. It looks like less than 1,000 total have been produced, starting in 2016, and I'm finding them on what appears to be "clearance" online for about 40% off MRSP. Or maybe that's just the Swiss MAP. :)

Last edited:
I have just learned of a Malvaux knife made in Switzerland. It has a bent handle and a single nonlocking blade. Does anyone have more information on this?:)
Based on Google and their website, the steel is unknown and the knife is way overpriced.
They compare it to the Swiss army knife, but it's not even close.
It's going to be way wider In pocket , and not even have the useful functions you get from Victorinox.
Personally I don't see why they thought the only way around the nail nick was the bent handle, like they've never seen a sodbuster or EO notch for " struggle " free two hand opening.
I like the looks of the broad tapered spear point blade for sure, but nothing about it screams 245$.

What'dya mean unknown?

It's "water-jet cut, heirloom quality stainless steel" !

So, yeah. Basically. Unknown.

Even Victorinox has the steel on their website, they don't list it on every single knife but the information is available.

This company only seems to have one knife in a couple colors and they can't even bother to list their steel ?
I really don't care what particular steel my knife is made of, but for the price it should be available information. I know those who buy knives of this cost would want to know.

Seems kinda dumb. I might buy one for under $30. I don’t get what justifies a price over $200. Nothing about it makes it seem worth that outrageous price.

Malvaux-Number-1-Knife-11-LumberJac.jpg

Seems kinda dumb. I might buy one for under $30. I don’t get what justifies a price over $200. Nothing about it makes it seem worth that outrageous price.

Malvaux-Number-1-Knife-11-LumberJac.jpg
It's like a bent Vic soldier with screw construction and no other functions.

I love the blade shape though reminds me of my Grohmann mini Russel.
use this with a Vic Gardner frame , sell it for $15 and you've got a winner I think.

For some reason the fact that they don't advertise their steel makes me think it's not any fancier than what Vic uses, I find it perfectly adequate but don't know any who care about steels that would want it in a $200+ knife.
Usually expensive knives have their steels advertised so people have reason to fork over the dough.

That' so wild!
If that came with a lock
It would be nothing short of
Being labeled a Pistol grip tactical sak ;-)

Back