Mnandi: My latest Obsession

My new Mnandi just arrive today. I have been EDCing an old nick Mnandi for a few weeks now and was curious as to how the new nick would compare in terms of one handed opening. I can easily open this knife up one handed, just as I do with my old nick. The knife could use a cleaning and re-grease, so I'm expecting the action to only get smoother from here. Too pretty carry? I'm not sure. We'll see.

Cocobolo with DT Raindrop.

HakqxEP.jpg

My new Mnandi just arrive today. I have been EDCing an old nick Mnandi for a few weeks now and was curious as to how the new nick would compare in terms of one handed opening. I can easily open this knife up one handed, just as I do with my old nick. The knife could use a cleaning and re-grease, so I'm expecting the action to only get smoother from here. Too pretty carry? I'm not sure. We'll see.

HakqxEP.jpg
Carry it...

20200110_071354.jpg
Picked this box elder lefty from DcDavis. Thanks brother. And have had it less then 24 hours. Totally in love with it. So much so. I think I need another 3 or 6. Yep this is staying in the pocket organizer permanently and I'll be hunting down a few more mid year. I say mid year because I have 6 other CRK's on the to buy list already and a cruise to go on in June. Also I haven't seen alot of left handed Mnandi's. Are the super rare? If they are I might have to break my rules and just make the Mnandi the one CRK's i buy more the one right handed version of. Only gonna have one large 21 righty and its gonna be a tanto. Man I love this little fella.

HakqxEP.jpg
Wow just wow cocobolo and raindrop Damascus. My favorite wood and my favorite Damascus. So beautiful. Very jealous.

View attachment 1262560
Picked this box elder lefty from DcDavis. Thanks brother. And have had it less then 24 hours. Totally in love with it. So much so. I think I need another 3 or 6. Yep this is staying in the pocket organizer permanently and I'll be hunting down a few more mid year. I say mid year because I have 6 other CRK's on the to buy list already and a cruise to go on in June. Also I haven't seen alot of left handed Mnandi's. Are the super rare? If they are I might have to break my rules and just make the Mnandi the one CRK's i buy more the one right handed version of. Only gonna have one large 21 righty and its gonna be a tanto. Man I love this little fella.
No thanks needed. Hope you enjoy it

View attachment 1262560
Don’t forget that lefty blue carbon fiber Mnandi I had mentioned to you. I was at my local dealer again a couple weeks ago and it was still sitting there.:)

Don’t forget that lefty blue carbon fiber Mnandi I had mentioned to you. I was at my local dealer again a couple weeks ago and it was still sitting there.:)
Ya gonna have to look into that now. Didn't know I was gonna fall so in love with the Mnandi like this. Lmao. What does CRK make I don't like. Fixed blades? Might have to try one of them too.

Is that cocobolo as well Lone_Wolfe Lone_Wolfe With a standard blade? And your collection is one of the best I have ever seen. If CRK ever needed a catalog of knives all they have to do is pull up your name in the search bar. They could find 90% of them. Lol. And as always thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.

It's Ziricote, and from the first batch of production Mnandis made. This one is # 14 of 200.

And thanks!

2001NumberedMnandi_14-Stone5.jpg

I just reacquainted myself with my Mnandi that I purchased in December 2004. I had just returned from Iraq and had a few weeks layover at Camp Pendleton before returning to my home in Maryland. I went to the Del Mar Gunshow and spotted this gem. I could not leave without it. It has the African Blackwood inlay. From what I understand they don't use this wood anymore. Anyone know why?

Attachments

• Medium  Mnandi Pic2.jpg
    Medium Mnandi Pic2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Medium Mnandi Pic1.jpg
    Medium Mnandi Pic1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
.............. From what I understand they don't use this wood anymore. Anyone know why?

It's listed on CITES appendix II, which means it's endangered and has import restrictions. CRK sticks to non-endangered and unrestricted woods.

It's a beauty, and thank you for your service. :)

I just reacquainted myself with my Mnandi that I purchased in December 2004. I had just returned from Iraq and had a few weeks layer at Camp Pendleton before returning to my home in Maryland. I went to the Del Mar Gunshow and spotted this gem. I could not leave without it. It has the African Blackwood inlay. From what I understand they don't use this wood anymore. Anyone know why?
Sweet little gem you got there. One to definitely keep around. And thank you for keeping us safe.

It's listed on CITES appendix II, which means it's endangered and has import restrictions. CRK sticks to non-endangered and unrestricted woods.

It's a beauty, and thank you for your service. :)
Thanks for your reply on the Blackwood. It was the greatest privilege to serve as a U.S. Marine. Thank you for your patriotism, sir.

Back