Mnandi: My latest Obsession

Hello All

I need an honest assessment as to the durability of carbon fiber on a user Mnandi. I am having an itch that I just can’t control much longer.
Carbon fiber or bog oak seem to be my only choices at this point ( not a fan of lighter colored wood) so which will make the better user.

Edit: never mind. I just picked up a nice dark ebony on the exchange. Can’t wait to put a Mnandi back in my pocket on my office days.

Last edited:
Well it arrived today and I’m thrilled. I honestly can’t remember why I let my first mnandi go. This knife is an absolute gem in fit and finish and a dream to have in the pocket.
I’ve carried a Buck 303 for most days of the last 45 years. Every few years I wonder into this pond but always end up back on the porch. This could honestly be the knife to kick the slip joints from my pocket on a daily basis. The only thing I would change about this knife is the scales. As beautiful as this ebony is in both looks and feel I would rather carry a carbon fiber version. I’m just not a natural material guy in guns, gear or knives. Perhaps I’ll go hunt one down...
View attachment 1382727

Well it arrived today and I’m thrilled. I honestly can’t remember why I let my first mnandi go. This knife is an absolute gem in fit and finish and a dream to have in the pocket.
I’ve carried a Buck 303 for most days of the last 45 years. Every few years I wonder into this pond but always end up back on the porch. This could honestly be the knife to kick the slip joints from my pocket on a daily basis. The only thing I would change about this knife is the scales. As beautiful as this ebony is in both looks and feel I would rather carry a carbon fiber version. I’m just not a natural material guy in guns, gear or knives. Perhaps I’ll go hunt one down...
View attachment 1382727
Nice knife! I love a good Mnandi.

This is breathtaking! It's a magazine cover level knife and photo. I have to ask as I love backstories...what is this officially called by CRK and what are the various materials? A super special type of mammoth? Was this a one of a kind production and did CRK do all of the engraving and anodizing in-house? Was this also one of the firsts to debut the current style pivot?

Thank you very much. I believe i read where you are after a cf mnandi, i will be watching for you to post pics. Enjoy your weekend

Enjoy! That was my first CRK and the start of a very long slippery slope.
I’ve experienced the same thing. My first was a small Insingo Sebenza in 2013 I think. Then a Mnandi...now it’s been 3 mnandis, an Umnumzaan and 6 small 21’s I’ve let them all go until this one. I think this one will stay.

Time to fire up this thread again, don't ya think? :)

Over the last couple of days, I've made it through this entire thread. Two things really stand out to me: first, the incredible and truly amazing display of beautiful Mnandis, and second, the tremendous enthusiasm and wonderful spirit of sharing on the part of everyone posting. Really neat.

This morning, I was making coffee and noticed the beautiful morning light shining in through the window. Seemed like a Mnandi photo-op to me!

So, here is a recent arrival -- Macassar Ebony and Boomerang Damascus...

1FEDXLR.jpg

8RrY0ml.jpg

How do I get them to show up without your having to click on them.

(Nevermind: figured it out)

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the Striped Platan models were long gone, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this one show up on a dealer's website recently. I especially like the fact that the "stripes" run the entire length of the inlay (as opposed to running at a diagonal)...

a8ptMFb.jpg

Back