1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Mnandi on the job? Any pics of these knives being used?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by kidcongo, Aug 14, 2014.

1. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    I have been searching YouTube and the forums, but I can't find any pictures of a Mnandi being used. Its even hard to find pics or video of them being held in a grip. I know these knives are prized by collectors, which is cool, but I have always wondered what they are like as a user blade.

Just wanted to start a thread in case anyone can capture some images of a Mnandi slicing up fruit, opening a package, or cutting the tip off a cigar, opening a letter, or even better, doing some whittling.

Any psychos thumping on their Mnandi out there? :thumbup::D:thumbup:

2. sgt244

sgt244 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Yeah, I've picked up a beautiful Mnandi a few months back, it still is lying safely in its leather pouch...

I got out half way through my doorway with it in my pocket, then I gazed at its beauty again, and couldn't bring myself to take it with me ... it still has not 1 scratch or blemish on it anywhere...even the TI is perfect on it.... in it went (into the collection) safely in its pouch... while I slipped my small 21 plain(insingo) into my pocket and went on my way...

3. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    I often carry one as part of an EDC, rather than the Mnandi being my only knife. They're a great wee thing and are a lovely user for those light tasks. :):thumbup:

I may as well throw this pic in, again....:p

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. AllanC

AllanC

Jun 14, 2014
    I carry one of mine to work most days and use it for whatever comes up that requires a sharp blade or a fine point. Open envelopes, cut strapping, repair glasses, staplers other small office appliances, cut sandwiches and cakes, etc., etc. I honestly don't think twice about using them, and one is Damascus. I'll try to remember to take a picture the next time I use it for something "interesting."

5. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    Hah.....missed that one! Good show. I knew someone was thumping on one somewhere!

Look forward to more examples..........

6. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
  7. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
  8. Mad_Maxx

Mad_Maxx

Nov 29, 2007
    my EDC mnandi, bocote ans 35
    [​IMG]

gets carried every day along the seb, for smaller task mostly or as a smaller/backup knife , i absolutely LOVE IT

9. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    Time to time I carry my mnandi, but I have seen it flex under hard use. I think it can handle hard use but probably better in a suit and used to cut fruit and string off your sport coat.
    I'm going to attend a wedding and it will be my knife for the suit.

10. VVilliam

VVilliam

Sep 29, 2013
    Sharpening pencils:
    [​IMG]

11. VVilliam

VVilliam

Sep 29, 2013
    Double tap