Mnandi on the job? Any pics of these knives being used?

I have been searching YouTube and the forums, but I can't find any pictures of a Mnandi being used. Its even hard to find pics or video of them being held in a grip. I know these knives are prized by collectors, which is cool, but I have always wondered what they are like as a user blade.

Just wanted to start a thread in case anyone can capture some images of a Mnandi slicing up fruit, opening a package, or cutting the tip off a cigar, opening a letter, or even better, doing some whittling.

Any psychos thumping on their Mnandi out there? :thumbup::D:thumbup:

Yeah, I've picked up a beautiful Mnandi a few months back, it still is lying safely in its leather pouch...

I got out half way through my doorway with it in my pocket, then I gazed at its beauty again, and couldn't bring myself to take it with me ... it still has not 1 scratch or blemish on it anywhere...even the TI is perfect on it.... in it went (into the collection) safely in its pouch... while I slipped my small 21 plain(insingo) into my pocket and went on my way...

I often carry one as part of an EDC, rather than the Mnandi being my only knife. They're a great wee thing and are a lovely user for those light tasks. :):thumbup:

I may as well throw this pic in, again....:p

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 378
I carry one of mine to work most days and use it for whatever comes up that requires a sharp blade or a fine point. Open envelopes, cut strapping, repair glasses, staplers other small office appliances, cut sandwiches and cakes, etc., etc. I honestly don't think twice about using them, and one is Damascus. I'll try to remember to take a picture the next time I use it for something "interesting."

I often carry one as part of an EDC, rather than the Mnandi being my only knife. They're a great wee thing and are a lovely user for those light tasks. :):thumbup:

I may as well throw this pic in, again....:p

attachment.php

Hah.....missed that one! Good show. I knew someone was thumping on one somewhere!

Look forward to more examples..........

my EDC mnandi, bocote ans 35
20tjc4k.jpg

gets carried every day along the seb, for smaller task mostly or as a smaller/backup knife , i absolutely LOVE IT

Time to time I carry my mnandi, but I have seen it flex under hard use. I think it can handle hard use but probably better in a suit and used to cut fruit and string off your sport coat.
I'm going to attend a wedding and it will be my knife for the suit.

Back