Mnandi vs small Sebenza non-inlay handle thickness

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
Trying to decide between a Mnandi and a small Sebenza without inlay. The Mnandi looks a little thick in the handle, but I'm not sure. Can anyone give me some insight? Maybe pictures? I prefer the thinner blade of the Mnandi, but there isn't much difference.

Any other comments or suggestions to help make the decision, I'd love to hear them. I currently carry a slipjoint every day. Occasionally I carry a Schrade LB5, but usually either a Case Peanut or a GEC TC Barlow.

This knife is to celebrate the birth of my son. He was born at 27 weeks and 1 day and spent 62 days in the NICU. I want a high tech knife to go with my high tech baby. Modern technology saved my wife and my son's lives.

Thanks all.

I looked up both knives on a retail site - the small 21 handle is 0.125" per side, the mnandi is 0.135 per side... the small 21 blade is 0.125" thick, the mnandi is 0.09.
So, assuming the posted specs were correct, pretty much a wash. (I doubt most people could discern a difference of under 0.02" total thickness)

The Mnandi is a great knife. I don’t have a picture comparing it with a small bit it doesn’t feel thick in the hand.

Based on the knives you carry now, I'd recommend the Mnandi over the small Sebenza simply because of weight. The Mnandi is almost half the weight at 43 grams. When I carry my Mnandi it is so light that I sometimes forget it's in my pocket. Not so with my small Sebenza.

Back