Mnandis Through the Years - A History in Pics

Thank You Lone Wolfe for all your hard work on this. This is simply amazing. The pics are stunning and the perfect representation of what the mnandi is all about. WOW....Just WOW.....!!! Its an honor knowing some of my old ones are in your collection where I am sure they will remain. Thank You....!!!

Stunning. So awesome to see the history of changes (and how relatively unchanged the platform is).

Someday, I'll own one. :)

Amazing post. Thanks LW. I can imagine how proud and happy (like a little kid playing with his toys) you are for the fantastic collection.

Το λουρί είναι το ρολόι.

:thumbup: Very nicely done LW :thumbup:

Thanks for the time and effort. Certainly worthy of the stickiest of stickies.

Super/informative read along with some great pics of
a ton of beautiful knives. Thank you Lone Wolf for the great work.

Hello LW, do you know if CRK still stabilizes the woods, if not when they stopped? Or do they decide wood-by-wood?

Hello LW, do you know if CRK still stabilizes the woods, if not when they stopped? Or do they decide wood-by-wood?

It's decided by wood. For example, Box Elder would be unusable without stabilization. Lignum Vitae doesn't need it or benefit from it.

Looking at the birthdates of my Mnandis, I noticed that I have 2 born exactly a decade apart. Pretty cool, one was made when the production Mnandi was less than a year old, and has the exotic Zebra damascus. The second one was born during the time that the pivots, clips, and finally nail nicks were being changed out, so is a transitional. March 6, 2002 and 2012.
va6e94h.jpg

P. S. Those of you on facebook might notice something else about those birthcards. ;) :D

Last edited:
I wanted to cross-link this thread with Falco57's Damascus Mnandis Through the Years. His thread take the idea and expands it to a study of beautiful pics showing the different and exotic damascus' that CRK has use through the years, where my thread takes you through the design changed from prototypes to very current production.

Back