Modded my Tenacious...

Damn man that's crazy. How much weight did you shave off that puppy?

Nice, doubles as an emergency cigar cutter? :D

You did a really great job on keeping the edge bevels consistent.

Once you already have your hole, the next drill will follow that same hole pretty easy. That makes it fairly simple to keep the bevels consistent.

An actual countersink is the right tool for the job, but I didn't have one at the time.

Some of those bigger holes look big enough to fit a pinky into. Be careful that you don't close that baby on yourself.

That said, it certainly looks edgy(no pun intended). Any noticable difference in weight?

I was thinking the same thing...it would make an awesome cigar cutter too!:D:thumbup:

Absolutely astounding!
Make me want to buy a Tenacious just for moding! :p

And maybe I will ;)

BETO
====================
Sorry for my english :eek:

Ingenious, yet simple. Love it.

I'm impressed with the quality of the finished product too. Nice work.

Taylor

P.S. - Warped minds must think alike. I saw a cigar cutter first, then a pinky cutter.:D

Looks cool -- nice job! Well, except the finger-slice-thing, and the stripped-pivot-thing. Other than those little mishaps, nice job.

you may have slightly warped the liners when you were drilling them out causing the off-centered blade

That's what I had read on a few threads here. I tried a T8 last night but the screw is already too stripped.

If they are indeed Torx, I've never seen one that looks this way. Sure looks like a hex.

I e-mailed Spyderco to get a screw and asked if they were hex or torx since there is some debate on the various knife forums.

Heard back from Spyderco and it is indeed a Torx. :eek:

Guess I'll be using an extractor set to get it out and then replace it with a new one.

Thanks to Teri at Spyderco customer service I have some new screws coming my way.

Excellent customer service!

Nice looking mod. I may do that to go along with a bead-blasted finish on the blade.

Back