Model #073 New Throwing Knife Set (3) & Sheath

Premium throwing trio and a fun belt carry to a Sunday picnic. I've always thrown Hibben's (less expensive when lost in the bushes). These look great, even beautiful, for use at a clean venue where retrieval is guaranteed. Availability: Pre-order.

From our friends @ Knife Center:

BU0073SSSVP
: 073 Kinetic Stainless Steel Throwing Knives
Buck Knives

Originally requested by Chuck Buck himself for an outside picnic game at his church, these knives were first created in 2005 but never introduced to the public. This year, after extreme testing and a couple refinements, Buck Knives is excited to introduce this three piece throwing knife set. Specifically designed for efficient throwing, these knives feature durable 420HC steel with corrosion resistance. With an overall length of 9.875" and weighing 6.6 ounces, these knives are well balanced for accuracy and efficiency. The knives fit perfectly in a heavy duty leather sheath for easy transport and storage.

Buck has always made their knives for the people who believe that the difference between a knife working and knife failing actually has serious consequences.
Features
  • Throwing Knives
  • Set of 3

Specifications
  • Product Level: Pro
  • Blade Length: 5" (12.7 cm)
  • Overall Length: 9.875" (25 cm)
  • Blade Steel: 420HC Stainless Steel
  • Blade Finish: Satin
  • Blade Thickness: 0.18"
  • Handle Material: 420HC Stainless Steel
  • Sheath Material: Genuine Leather
  • Weight: 6.6 oz. (187.1 g Each)
  • Made in the USA

Badges

thumb.php
Leather Sheath
Leather is known for its durability and traditional appeal. When compared to kydex it is preferred for its silence when bumped against other objects, as well as blade retention.

thumb.php
Steel Handles
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability while using chromium oxide to create a rust-resistant barrier.

thumb.php
Made in USA
This product is USA born and raised.

nice. looks like fun to me. may have to give 'em a try. thanks for the info.

My pleasure. Let me know if you do try them out when they become available. I didn't know that Chuck was interested in throwing knives. I wonder if he had an interest in throwing axes?

His homestead's yard has a retrieval advantage over mine in the manicure vs my intact forest (complete with Bard Owl). The first has fewer places to hide a thrown object while the later has plenty that somehow manage to miss the target even my typical 4' x 8' sheet of plywood. Throwing a knife in anger, for me anyway, it is not hard to miss just about any target once in a while. Good to have fetching dog. Particularly one that is not overly eager to go after the object before it comes to rest.

Buck homestead:

My stomping ground:

Thanks Steve. Any idea of msrp?

MSRP $200 and stated vendor pre-order price $127.95.

Isn't that symbol a BMW logo: spinning propeller? I have a badge or two from a 1977T I brought back from the dead a few years back. Blue on white. It signifies their airplane background and they weren't allowed to build airplanes after WWII.

This symbol (off topic but btw the tang stamp on the BMW slippie reads INOX Solingen Germany and it reminds me of one of the Buck-vended "Ultra-Blade" line of knives of which I have a few)

Buck commissioned a line they called "Ultra-Blade" and all knives in the live were so labeled as an economical alternative to the Buck line. Here is a red one marked Ultra-Blade, like the BMW one but not marked Ultra-Blade:

Last edited:
The blue and white emblem on BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke) or Bavarian Motor Works is actually a nod to the Bavarian flag.

de-by7a.gif

;)

MSRP $200 and stated vendor pre-order price $127.95.

Isn't that symbol a BMW logo: spinning propeller? I have a badge or two from a 1977T I brought back from the dead a few years back. Blue on white. It signifies their airplane background and they weren't allowed to build airplanes after WWII.

This symbol (off topic but btw the tang stamp on the BMW slippie reads INOX Solingen Germany and it reminds me of one of the Buck-vended "Ultra-Blade" line of knives of which I have a few)

In this case that symbol most likely represents the center of gravity, which is the point the knife would rotate around when thrown.

Last edited:
The blue and white emblem on BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke) or Bavarian Motor Works is actually a nod to the Bavarian flag.

de-by7a.gif

;)

It is a shame that the Bavarian flag couldn't have been made a little more flamboyant. :) Thank you. I don't believe that I've ever seen that flag before. It appears to wave even without a breeze!

In this case that symbol most likely represents the center of gravity.

Excellent. You couldn't be more correct. Thank you Gorman. If you google/bing "center of gravity symbol" you get that symbol! Ask and you shall receive. http://www.bing.com/search?q=center...=&ghc=1&cvid=CBF5DD2FBB044F58B97D398432834028

Back