Model 9 Pro Thrower

eveled

Gold Member
Anyone have any experience with the Pro Thrower?

Specifically actually throwing it.

Anyone have any experience with the Pro Thrower?

Specifically actually throwing it.
Eveled
Jokingly, my wife threw one at me when she was mad at me. It was not a problem for me, due to her poor aim. I have one but
have never used it!!
Seriously, I have read that people have thrown them, with mixed results. It is like everything, you need to practice.

Thanks. I’ve thrown a lot of knives. So yes practice is necessary for sure.

just wondering with the Randall, if it really is superior, or just typical.

My other concern is if you wanted a set of three you’d never be able to have them match. They’d be ordered 3 months apart then made 3 months apart and they’d surely be different from each other.

I’ll probably order a couple anyway.

Last edited:
9ZEoZCQ.jpg

I no longer have this one. I ordered it a long time ago with the intention of using it. At the time, it was rumored that there was no wait list for this model. Turned out not to be true. The years went by and I even had to update my address card because of a move. When I finally received it, I was impressed with the craftsmanship, but felt that the diminutive size might not compare favorably to my trusty Tru-Bal. I've had a lot of throwers over the years that ranged from the very bad to 'pretty good'. I'm sure it will throw fine with practice, but I decided to pass this one on as the secondary market had escalated quickly and my interest had waned. In retrospect, I wish I had invested the wait time into another model. No doubt it would have been a keeper. My $0.02

Back