Moderators, Ernest. Tragedy within the brotherhood. Please take a minute to read. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends.
I am initially keeping this vague on purpose to be safe.

I witnessed the most awful, touching story on a social media Emerson group. A man put up his 6 because of a horrible personal tragedy.

Yet within an hour, members were donating to the cause in the name of what was going on, and also insisted he keep the knife as a memorial.

I was blown completely away by the kindness of the brothers and sisters who stepped up, and touched profoundly by this story!

I have since talked with this man directly and in heinous detail. I fully believe this is the real deal and it breaks my heart.

I have taken it upon myself to do what I can to help this friend.

I will be sharing his story on social media with his PayPal info to generate donations. I have the necessary permissions.

Now I am simply spreading the word about this here in hopes of support and prayer, and whatever else may come.

But if it is allowed, I would like to ask if I may reference where this is, so that you all can look for yourselves. I also would like to post his PayPal info so we can donate to the cause.

The display of kindness here has absolutely solidified my experiences across the board with the Emerson brand. We truly are a family. Something about this whole deal attracts high quality, like minded people.

I have never witnessed this at this level with any other brand. I don't know what it is. Those of us who have talked about it suspect it may be related to the values Mr. Emerson holds dear that reflect in his company and products.

I've already experienced some pretty amazing people as a part of the Emerson family, but this is beyond indescribable!

Ive said it before and I will say it again. I came to Emerson because of the knives, and stayed because of the people.

Moderators, Ernest, please let me know if I can provide more details to help this man out. I'm not sure how to properly direct folks per the rules.

Thank you all.

Per my post, I am working on that.

Again, I don't know if I am allowed to post someone's PayPal info or reference a social site here.

I hoped my post would generate some attention and a mod could tell me how to best proceed.

I will provide details as I am allowed and able.

I am also dealing with a gigantic $h!tshow in my own life, so please be patient with my attendance to this.

For now, I just ask for prayers for a man who is losing his little girl to a particularly heinous form of cancer.

Forgive my cautiousness, and vagueness, but I need to tread lightly until I have all my ducks in a row and figure out the best way to handle this task.

I will do my best to keep everyone posted.

Thanks guys.

Prayers to comfort the surviving family. Would love to offer help, any info for donations if needed?

Hey guys... Sorry for the late update.

Yes, she went away in the early morning of September 1, 2018 and is no longer in pain.

Thank you for your prayers guys. Her father is appreciative of the support of this brotherhood.

I am still hesitant to publicly post any direct info since no moderator has responded to my inquiries. I do understand how a public request while being vague can come across. The support is the important thing.

MODS:
- CAN I NAME THE PAGE HERE??
- CAN I LIST HIS PAYPAL ADDRESS HERE??

Thank you all.

Hey guys... Sorry for the late update.

Yes, she went away in the early morning of September 1, 2018 and is no longer in pain.

Thank you for your prayers guys. Her father is appreciative of the support of this brotherhood.

I am still hesitant to publicly post any direct info since no moderator has responded to my inquiries. I do understand how a public request while being vague can come across. The support is the important thing.

MODS:
- CAN I NAME THE PAGE HERE??
- CAN I LIST HIS PAYPAL ADDRESS HERE??

Thank you all.
James, send @Spark a message about this please.

James, send @Spark a message about this please.

Thank you for responding Boru.

I am pretty certain I don't have messaging privileges due to my Basic membership. Forgive me if I am mistaken but I didn't see that option. Asking Spark would have been my first step if I could.

If anyone is willing to direct his attention towards this thread that would be nice of you.

Will check back when time allows.

I appreciate your attention here!

Last edited:
It is my daughter Cali this post was abaout. I am a single dad. I had raised her by myself since she was 2 months old. I quit my job in 2003 because I did not want o put her in day care. She was my shadow..and yes she liked Emerson knives also.

It was a 3 year battle with osteosarcoma (bone cancer) we spent 10 months in the hospital doing chemo ... hard chemo because it was bone cancer (methotrexate, cisplatin and doxorubicin) with no breaks and she almost died twice from the chemo...and so while we were in the hospital I promised her a trip to a place far away from the hospital room window with beaches and beautiful culture and healthy fruits and natural foods. So we went to Brazil for 3 1/2 months- it helped her rehabilitate real quick :). But when we returned the osteo went to her lungs. Those osteo spots are like tiny sea urchin spikes which shreds the lungs. We had to go through 4 bilateral lung surgeries (both lungs at the same time) as it kept coming back every 2 months..the lung surgeries were the worst.. very invacive surgery and we went through that 4x. Getting over each one of those lung surgeries was not easy and we still had more ahead... Her left arm was removed from the shoulder joint and replaced with a cadaver bone. Then it spread to her right leg and knee and we had her femur replaced and knee replaced .But one month after her knee and feur replacemnet (limp sparing surgeery) we went to Hawaii as a fund raiser made that trip possible and it was the most incredible time we ever had together . Yes ,, she walked on that leg all over Oahu and Maui ...man she was tough! After our Hawaii trip the osteospread onto her ribs and so we (she) had 2 surgeries on her ribs but then her next scan revealed that she had a milkly-way of spots on both lungs. Her left lung was partially removed already. At that piont we were told her end of life would be brutal and BRUTAL it was. Since I was a single dad I lost everything and my business to take care of her and myself. The osteo grew on her ribs until it stuck out like a knee, It also grew over her heart (chest) and on her spine. She had her lungs fillup slowly... very slowly. she could not breath and get air any longer. Bed sores and extreme pain with all the oxycodone, methadone and morphine did not help. She was in hospice and died in my bed. She slowly could not breath and get enough air and her heart rate went up to 200BPM and just wouldn't quit pumping. Because she was 15 her body could take a lot more than someone younger or in their 20's or 30's or above. Osteosarcoma is the most brutal cancer to die from ( if anyone did not know)... it effects kids during their growth spurt years.. I never left her side and I miss her more because we spent 100% of time with each other before and after she was diagnosed with cancer ...which was the best gift and man can have is have sold custody of their little girl -HA!. The good news is I always taught her the bible and explaned it to her slowly though the historical text and she was saved because her heart changed as mine did . I always said if God did not want her to have cancer. He would not have been incapabable of her not having it. I lost her a couple days ago and her funeral is Monday sept 10th.

DSCN2160.JPG

She also had a pink Benchmade 550 which is stained from makeup by being in her makeup bag :)

Last edited:
So sad hearing she has passed. She was beautiful, and it sounds like she has a great dad.

Omg coloubrid!, I’m indescribably sorry to hear of your loss. I have 2 kids and couldn’t imagine what you’ve endured. Continue a positive mind as much as possible and celebrate yalls relationship instead of morning the loss(I’m sure easier said than done). You definitely have the support of us forum peeps! Please let us know what anyone could do to help. Rest easy as it sounds like you’ve been a caretaker for a long time, and find your self some peace. Our hearts are filled with support for u!

Fellow Emerson forum gentlemen! I suggest if nothing else that this man needs a new Emerson blade of the memorial type! What say you! I will volunteer to take donations on my PayPal account to purchase something as a gift for this member! Any opinions? Or has something been set up? Just an idea.

It is my daughter Cali this post was abaout. I am a single dad. I had raised her by myself since she was 2 months old. I quit my job in 2003 because I did not want o put her in day care. She was my shadow..and yes she liked Emerson knives also.

It was a 3 year battle with osteosarcoma (bone cancer) we spent 10 months in the hospital doing chemo ... hard chemo because it was bone cancer (methotrexate, cisplatin and doxorubicin) with no breaks and she almost died twice from the chemo...and so while we were in the hospital I promised her a trip to a place far away from the hospital room window with beaches and beautiful culture and healthy fruits and natural foods. So we went to Brazil for 3 1/2 months- it helped her rehabilitate real quick :). But when we returned the osteo went to her lungs. Those osteo spots are like tiny sea urchin spikes which shreds the lungs. We had to go through 4 bilateral lung surgeries (both lungs at the same time) as it kept coming back every 2 months..the lung surgeries were the worst.. very invacive surgery and we went through that 4x. Getting over each one of those lung surgeries was not easy and we still had more ahead... Her left arm was removed from the shoulder joint and replaced with a cadaver bone. Then it spread to her right leg and knee and we had her femur replaced and knee replaced .But one month after her knee and feur replacemnet (limp sparing surgeery) we went to Hawaii as a fund raiser made that trip possible and it was the most incredible time we ever had together . Yes ,, she walked on that leg all over Oahu and Maui ...man she was tough! After our Hawaii trip the osteospread onto her ribs and so we (she) had 2 surgeries on her ribs but then her next scan revealed that she had a milkly-way of spots on both lungs. Her left lung was partially removed already. At that piont we were told her end of life would be brutal and BRUTAL it was. Since I was a single dad I lost everything and my business to take care of her and myself. The osteo grew on her ribs until it stuck out like a knee, It also grew over her heart (chest) and on her spine. She had her lungs fillup slowly... very slowly. she could not breath and get air any longer. Bed sores and extreme pain with all the oxycodone, methadone and morphine did not help. She was in hospice and died in my bed. She slowly could not breath and get enough air and her heart rate went up to 200BPM and just wouldn't quit pumping. Because she was 15 her body could take a lot more than someone younger or in their 20's or 30's or above. Osteosarcoma is the most brutal cancer to die from ( if anyone did not know)... it effects kids during their growth spurt years.. I never left her side and I miss her more because we spent 100% of time with each other before and after she was diagnosed with cancer ...which was the best gift and man can have is have sold custody of their little girl -HA!. The good news is I always taught her the bible and explaned it to her slowly though the historical text and she was saved because her heart changed as mine did . I always said if God did not want her to have cancer. He would not have been incapabable of her not having it. I lost her a couple days ago and her funeral is Monday sept 10th.

DSCN2160.JPG

She also had a pink Benchmade 550 which is stained from makeup by being in her makeup bag :)

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope she is sitting with god now and I pray that you are able to move on with strength and her in your heart.

It sounds like you made her time on earth special and I am sure you brought her much joy in her tragically too short life.

Good luck and take the time to mourn her loss.

Smoke and prayers colubrid.
May Cali rest in peace with the joy of your love.
Respect

I can’t imagine the pain of your loss, and my heart goes out to you and your family.

Prayers and blessings to you and your daughter. May the Lord bless and keep you, and to find comfort in Him.

I'm so sorry for your loss and all the pain she (and you) had to endure. Please let us know how we can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back