Moderators, Ernest. Tragedy within the brotherhood. Please take a minute to read. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived my last 15 years of my life for her. It is hard to find a purpose now. Everything I did. Where I lived and every minute I cared for her. This knife hobby gave me a mental break during the many hospital stays and just a break from her suffering in general. I am thankful for this site and for our passion for something as simple as cutting tools. Emerson himself represents more than just his knives..His knives alone is not what brings us Emersons guys together as a brotherhood. It is everything Mr. Emersons practices and stands for. And I am proud to know you all because I know you all share that and believe in those things he represents.

I'm so sorry colubrid...her pic is like an angel.

An angel with a pink Emerson...

I lived my last 15 years of my life for her. It is hard to find a purpose now. Everything I did. Where I lived and every minute I cared for her. This knife hobby gave me a mental break during the many hospital stays and just a break from her suffering in general. I am thankful for this site and for our passion for something as simple as cutting tools. Emerson himself represents more than just his knives..His knives alone is not what brings us Emersons guys together as a brotherhood. It is everything Mr. Emersons practices and stands for. And I am proud to know you all because I know you all share that and believe in those things he represents.
There are tears streaming down my face now brother. I have a good friend who is a pastor. He lost his 14 year old son to bone cancer 17 years ago yesterday to the day - that was 6 days before 9-11-2001. I'll never forget what that family went thru then, and I'll never forget my friend Tim's surprising and wonderful question he later asked me: "Shannon, do you have a soul?" "Of course I do Tim" was my quick reply. Tim: "No you don't" "Huh?!" Tim: "No, you have a body, you are a soul". I sincerely hope in some way you find some peace and comfort in my friend Tim's words Colubrid. God Bless you.

That is just heartbreaking. I'm deeply sorry for your loss but also deeply respectful and awed by your devotion as a father. In a world where many men can't be bothered with child rearing it's pretty amazing to see the other end of the spectrum. My prayers are with you and her.

There are tears streaming down my face now brother. I have a good friend who is a pastor. He lost his 14 year old son to bone cancer 17 years ago yesterday to the day - that was 6 days before 9-11-2001. I'll never forget what that family went thru then, and I'll never forget my friend Tim's surprising and wonderful question he later asked me: "Shannon, do you have a soul?" "Of course I do Tim" was my quick reply. Tim: "No you don't" "Huh?!" Tim: "No, you have a body, you are a soul". I sincerely hope in some way you find some peace and comfort in my friend Tim's words Colubrid. God Bless you.

I like that explanation. Is true.

This is some of the heaviest news I have ever read. I'm at work and had to go to the washroom because the tears are unstoppable.

Your daughter was an incredibly strong and brave girl. I hope she rests in peace.

I can't imagine what you both went through, and big respect x2 for your devotion and love. I hope time will ease the pain.

I'm sorry for your loss colubrid, you've been through some unbearable times. Screw whatever differences we've had, if you need anything or someone to talk to you can give me a pm or a call.

Utterly unbearable loss colubrid. Unimaginable magnitude of pain and sorrow when a child passes before parent(s), infinitely more so when that child is just about to blossom as a young adult. I am so very sorry for your incredibly painful loss.

I wish I had words that meant something. May her memory be a blessing to all, and I’m sure it will be.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Only way to explain how a father feels who raised his daughter by himself and spent all (to much time) with her:

41106025_1811818452188176_4880142416687923200_n.jpg

Damn that is gut-wrenching and tears at my heart. I've been lucky to have lived as long as I have with cancer. My biggest fear has always been my boys getting cancer. I can't even imagine what you are going through. She was a lovely young lady, so sorry for your loss.

I’m at a loss for words... I can’t even begin to imagine how hard that is. Please hang in there, thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Thanks guys. I went the inexpensive route and have her remains in a small box now. I plan on distributing her ashes on Maui (Ho'okipa beach) where she had a lua done just for her by the locals and there is even a bench painted with her name and memory there from 2 years back. Receiving that Aloha from the locals I will stand behind them no matter what in life. They are like my family. I would suffer for them no matter what their faith is because I love them.

41430491_10211282633892815_98125253795905536_n.jpg

I will fly out there one day, do a paddle out and leave her remains in the ocean in Maui. A place as beautiful as she is.

Of course my next thing I look forward to is seeing her again one day because I taught her Gods word and wanted to be sure of her changed heart , which is a result of true salvation and I believe she is resurrected with her heavenly father and wants nothing to do with this fallen system we call the world. So she is fine right where she is. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back