Modern Afghan Khukuri... questions :)

Hello! My favorite khukuri styles are the ones with rounded spines and pointier points. yup, exactly like the modern Afghan model! I have a few questions though.

1) low long is the blade?

2) what are the karda and chakma like that come with it?

3) how much?

Thanks!

Hi Crayola,

I think that Craig may have been activated and is not around to answer questions. Gurka House was working on their web site and took the buy buttons out while the work was being done. That was quite awhile ago. I am afraid that Gurka house may be on hold right now. I have tried to e-mail Craig with no success. Mail returned. I have been trying to find if they are still around. No answer. I hope all is well with Craig and his wife. They have been great people to deal with in the past. That is why I assume that something must have happened to keep Craig from being able to contact us. Maybe someone with more insite will be able to help us.

Thank-you for the prompt Update ArchAngel. I hope Craig gets things running again soon :)

I have one of the "Afghan" khukuries, and will take and post a picture later on.

This forum is in limbo. No word from Craig or Blackdog for months.

--Mike L.

Regarding the Moden Afghan, I have one and it is one of the two modern khuks I like the most, the other being an HI 18th Century. Quality of my piece is superb, including karda, chakmak and sheath. If you have the oportunity to get one, do so - you will not regret.
Regarding this forum, is too bad that it so abandoned like this. Maybe we can do something about it?

Here is a pic of my Afghan.

--Mike L.

Attachments

• dcp_0005.jpg
    dcp_0005.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 364
Wahooo Mike... it's really superb.
Did you get it in America or in middle-east?

Guillaume

Guillaume, this khukuri was modeled after an antique knife found in Afghanistan several years ago. That is why we call it an "Afghan" model. If you recall history, you know that Gurkhas fought in what is now Afghanistan in the 19th Century.

This khukuri was a product of Khukuri House in Nepal, and was sold here in the US by Gurkha House. It now appears that Gurkha House is not currently doing business, so this model is no longer available.

If you want to purchase an authentic Nepalese khukuri with an excellent guarantee, I suggest you contact Himalayan Imports.

--Mike L.

And, by the way, this specific model is not availabile at Khukuri House - Gurkha House supplier - site, so I believe it was made exclusivelly for GH to be sold in the US.
Your best bet would be to post about it on the Wanted forum, I think.
Good luck.

Thanks everyone, and thanks Mike especially for the pic. Curvy back and pointy point.... awesome.

Craig is not combat Inf. he is safe and will be back.
Gee; you talk like he is a Para or something.

Back