Modern Gladius?

The APOC wasteland gladius in 9260 steel should meet those requirements:

https://casiberia.com/product/apoc-atrim-wasteland-gladius/sd35570

It is frequently sold at the $145 price point on any given day from sites like Kult of Athena, but can probably be found for even cheaper if you are willing to do some research.

Full disclosure: Not affiliated in any way with the companies mentioned like APOC or Kult of Athena. Have not used the APOC gladius, but do have firsthand experience with the APOC katana which is also 9260 steel.
I can second this - I have three APOC blades, including the gladius. They are excellent for the price point, and should serve the OP requirements.

That is pure sex!
Cheers mate!
We've just had a commission for another, this one is lighter and thinner, with a fuller and a entirely micarta wrapped handle.

full

Can post some finished pics here if you'd like?

Last edited:
Cheers mate!
We've just had a commission for another, this one is lighter and thinner, with a fuller and a entirely micarta wrapped handle.
Can post some finished pics here if you'd like?

76611040_3766145973411667_114629211091632128_o.jpg
I would love to see more images of this version. The swell at the point was wider than a traditional Maintz gladius, so it has a slight fantasy look to it. But given that the gladius was never truly standardized, I would be willing to accept other variations in length (even as long as a spatha) and breadth.

Can you give the weight of the finished sword?

Zieg

That is an out of the world sword!! VERY NICE!!!

I would love to see more images of this version. ...
Can you give the weight of the finished sword?

Zieg

Thanks guys! We'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop as the blade progresses. That original blade weighed about 950g but this one will be a lot lighter. We'll let you know and note balance points also. Take care,
Andrew

Thanks guys! We'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop as the blade progresses. That original blade weighed about 950g but this one will be a lot lighter. We'll let you know and note balance points also. Take care,
Andrew
If you can get the overall weight between 700g and 800g, you'll have a very nimble weapon that resembles the historical gladius of Rome. I look forward to it!

Zieg

Hey cool a thread about my favorite sword type. I have a few.
From left to right; Ritter Steel (I removed the hokey studs and wood filled/stained-heavy sword), Legacy Arms Gen. 2 Pompeii Gladius (the one that gets used the most), Traditional Filipino Weapons Gladius (lightest of the 3 swords). Both the Legacy Arms and TFW are made in Philippians, hand forged from 5160 steel.
Gladius-swords.jpg

Albion Auxilia Spatha. I really like this one. Light and nimble with good balance.
Albion-Auxilia-Spatha.jpg

Albion-Auxilia-Spatha-handle.jpg

Hey cool a thread about my favorite sword type. I have a few...
Gladius-swords.jpg

Albion Auxilia Spatha. I really like this one. Light and nimble with good balance.

The finest Gladius I’ve ever seen

made by MS Jason Knight and owned by my friend Steven

These are some awesome looking blades guys! Love the subtleties of the Jason Knight piece.

Long time with no update!
Our most recent modern/tactical gladius has taken a very long time, with a false start, a broken blade and coronavirus. Here's some progress pics on it right now though. It has a sheet steel front bolster, seamless micarta wrapped green and black handle and a plate pommel for counterweight that will soon be rounded flush with the main handle. Will give final specs once the blade is finished up, but currently it's sitting at about 850g

full

full

And it's all finished :)
This is a modern take on a pompeii gladius. Satin finish, steel bolsters, custom kydex sheath and would you look at the patterning on this black and green micarta wrap?
Some specs: 18" blade 7.55" handle 650gm
full

Back