1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 49 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Prize Pack , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Modern Gladius?

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by PDT777, Sep 1, 2019.

1. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2003
    I can second this - I have three APOC blades, including the gladius. They are excellent for the price point, and should serve the OP requirements.

2. Kailash Blades

Kailash Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 21, 2015
    Cheers mate!
    We've just had a commission for another, this one is lighter and thinner, with a fuller and a entirely micarta wrapped handle.

[​IMG]

Can post some finished pics here if you'd like?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019 at 2:33 AM
  3. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2003
    Yes, please!

Kailash Blades likes this.
  4. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    How about a smatchet? :)

n2s

5. Kailash Blades

Kailash Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 21, 2015
    No reason we couldn't make one, would just need someone to commission it first!

6. James Usher

James Usher

May 3, 2019
    That is an out of the world sword!! VERY NICE!!!

7. James Usher

James Usher

May 3, 2019
    That is an out of the world sword!! VERY NICE!!!

8. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    I would love to see more images of this version. The swell at the point was wider than a traditional Maintz gladius, so it has a slight fantasy look to it. But given that the gladius was never truly standardized, I would be willing to accept other variations in length (even as long as a spatha) and breadth.

Can you give the weight of the finished sword?

Zieg

9. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Thanks guys! We'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop as the blade progresses. That original blade weighed about 950g but this one will be a lot lighter. We'll let you know and note balance points also. Take care,
    Andrew

10. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    If you can get the overall weight between 700g and 800g, you'll have a very nimble weapon that resembles the historical gladius of Rome. I look forward to it!

Zieg