Modern Lambsfoot?

I will say I think this is a good project but not one for me and I love all the Italian made modern traditionals I have picked up.

Mike, can you provide any update on this project?

They owe me an updated drawing with a tweak to the blade taper and no lanyard hole. The frame will still have the lanyard hold, but I may leave it out of the slabs. That way if someone wants it, all they have to do is drill the slabs (easy peasy) and if not - they just leave it alone. I don't see it happening before Thanksgiving.

I’m excited for this one. I’m definitely in for ebony and hopefully a stag if it’s offered.

Appreciate the update. For the sake of demonstrating interest, I hope this one happens. I’ve pretty much decided no more new knives (except the forum 86), and have been selling off a few that I don’t carry, but I’d buy this one.

I’m excited for this one. I’m definitely in for ebony and hopefully a stag if it’s offered.
Ram's Horn would be great for a Lambsfoot, but the problem with commissioning large numbers of knives, with materials like horn or stag is that there's always a few folks who moan that they didn't get the exact horn or stag they wanted, or that they want this knife rather than that knife. I don't blame Mike for wanting to have knives produced with covers with fewer variables, but we'll see :) :thumbsup:

They owe me an updated drawing with a tweak to the blade taper and no lanyard hole. The frame will still have the lanyard hold, but I may leave it out of the slabs. That way if someone wants it, all they have to do is drill the slabs (easy peasy) and if not - they just leave it alone. I don't see it happening before Thanksgiving.
That's a great idea. I've never seen anyone do that but it would be super easy for anyone to drill out the lanyard hole if they really wanted it and wouldn't ever be noticeable for the people that didn't want one. Seems like a win win. I'm really excited for these. The viper swayback is one of my favorites.

I zoomed in on the blade and I must say I do like the laser etching :thumbsup:😉

0vQ5eVG.jpg
Modoc Ed is right!! The distal taper should include the tang!! This Spine-line looks Broke-Back!!

Ram's Horn would be great for a Lambsfoot, but the problem with commissioning large numbers of knives, with materials like horn or stag is that there's always a few folks who moan that they didn't get the exact horn or stag they wanted, or that they want this knife rather than that knife. I don't blame Mike for wanting to have knives produced with covers with fewer variables, but we'll see :) :thumbsup:

Yeah we just need to see a range of possibilities and be ready to take whatever comes our way. That’s how it was with the Guardians that you commissioned. For horn we could just point people to the forum knife thread and tell them that their knife could look like any one of them, luck of the draw. I’m fine with that.

I just stumbled upon this... sweet. I'm in.
Although, I'm still waiting for some of the others still coming Mike. I get the feeling Fall/Winter are going to squeeze my wallet. 😅

What I don't like is the canted blade. Make the cutting edge a continuation of the frame line and I'd buy it, but when it takes off at a different angle I'm not so inclined.

I trust it will be shaped as nearly as possible like the archetypical model Jack supplied. If it doesn't look like a swayback lambsfoot, I won't have to buy one.
I started to make a quip above about delrin, but seriously, I think this would be great in micarta and fine in delrin. Not many deal-killers for me in handle material.

Last edited:
Regarding horn, I've always enjoyed the horn material that the Maniago firms use on their knives - it's varied, robust, and attractive in all its forms. Though I know that Mike has had issues with some folks being disappointed in their examples and has had to facilitate returns/exchanges in the past, I do hope that it continues to be a material that he will offer.

I don't think I have seen or experienced a bad looking piece yet - it all looks and feels fantastic to me. (I am far pickier with Stag though...)

DpmTQBg.jpg

Back