Modern Seax

Discussion in 'David Mary Custom' started by David Mary, May 20, 2020.

1. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    I was commissioned by a friend to make two large seax knives, and asked if he'd like video footage of them in action before I ship them. He said yes. I had fun. And was almost as blown away as the chips of wood.

bikerector and Rykjeklut like this.
  2. OutdoorsFamilyMan4

OutdoorsFamilyMan4

Jan 20, 2012
    That is one beastly chopper. You aren’t even taking full strength swings and it bites in so deep. Very seaxy...sorry Dad joke.

bikerector likes this.
  3. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    Thank you for the kind words. Yes I was very pleased with how this machete turned out. I only wish I had gotten all 45 minutes of footage, but my phone ran out of space.

I should say though I don't believe in using the word "sexy", as sex has one place.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    OutdoorsFamilyMan4 likes this.
  4. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Some of the seax's journey from materials to proven woods tool, ready to ship, in pictures.

Barely a twinkle in my eye
    IMG_6698b.JPG

Getting a handle on things
    Barong handle stan.jpg

It's all about balance
    Balance.jpg

Obstacles to overcome
    IMG_6772.JPG

Clear!
    IMG_6775.JPG
    IMG_6777.JPG

Ready to leave the nest
    IMG_6783.JPG

woodysone, bikerector and Rykjeklut like this.
  5. OutdoorsFamilyMan4

OutdoorsFamilyMan4

Jan 20, 2012
    Very nice looking blade

David Mary likes this.
  6. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Thank you!