"Modern" Slip Joints

Hey All,

I'm looking for modern split joints, you know, knives with modern steels and handle materials and pocket clips. I'm thinking models like the Spyderco Slipits and Böker Plus XS. Who else makes some of thee modern slip joints?

Thanks for any leads and God bless!

The Cold Steel Lucky comes to mind, but the only one I actually have experience with is Spyderco. Just received a UKPK today and am really liking it. Same weight as a Case Peanut except it has a 4" handle (which feels more like 4.5 because of the choil extending into the blade)!

Fred perrin makes a few I believe

Yes, I would certainly like to try some of his. He has folding ring knives based on the La Griffe as well as mode conventional looking slippies. They are all good and lightweight. This one even has Kydex scales making it super light. Plus built in bote opener.
fred-perrin-fpk-pls-large.jpg

There are also many modern Higonokami style knives.h

Last edited:
Yes, I would certainly like to try some of his. He has folding ring knives based on the La Griffe as well as mode conventional looking slippies. They are all good abd lightweight.

There are also many modern Higonokami style knives.

I saw a ti/cf higonokami with a framelock. Was a beautiful frankenknife

I have the Lionsteel Roundhead carbon fiber scales and think highly of it. Also have the Lionsteel Shuffler natural micarta scales on preorder. The fit, finish, & quality are impressive.

Boker makes a number of them, being German and to fit German laws (and those of a few other European countries). I don't know the specific models, but that can be researched easily enough.

I don't know if you're interested in customs, but here goes. Go to Al Warren (not Alan Warren; he's a different custom knife maker). He made me a beautiful slip joint, gorgeous scales and great blade shape. But on my request it has a thumbstud and pocket clip, as I'm partially paralyzed and have limited use of my left hand. Tell him Bob sent you.

First off I'm not sure if it is anything you want but I have only positive things to say about the Spyderco UK PK (S110V no less).
IMG_4516.jpg

Then there is the Cold Steel Lucky in S35VN
(and later the Lucky One (single blade)).
I bought two of the original Luckys and modded them for single blade use so I could use the finger grooves and at that point only wanted the serrated blade. That was before the single blade Lucky came out.
As you can see with the two blade the finger grooves do nothing unless both blades are open.
IMG_3490.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg

And finally a knife I have almost pulled the trigger on a couple of times but never quite for a few reasons . . . but I love the "idea" of it and I love the way it looks . . . and that is the Cold Steel Ranch Boss S35VN. I have no pic 'cause I don't own one.

Plenty of custom makers making traditionals with modern material, but adding a clip kind of spoils the nostalgia for me.

I have a few slipjoints..small keychain stuff, not worth mentioning here ;)

Back