Modern Traditionals....;)

The Modernized Sodbuster Pattern by AG Russell...
8Cr13MoV stainless steel, lockback, pocket clip, and one hand opening.
It may be fodder for a future GiveAWay, but for now it's kind of fun to play with. :)
Hey John, just got me one of these in smooth white bone... Nice knife. I'm gonna remove the pocket clip and put in a lanyard hole.

Mine came crazy sharp. It's one of the sharpest knives I've had right outta the box :thumbsup:

AG Rancher by D P, on Flickr

Hey John, just got me one of these in smooth white bone... Nice knife. I'm gonna remove the pocket clip and put in a lanyard hole.

Mine came crazy sharp. It's one of the sharpest knives I've had right outta the box :thumbsup:

Mine came very sharp too, and the lockup is super tight and strong.
My only gripe is how loose the blade is when closed. I can slap it side-to-side against the liners. How 'bout yours?

Mine came very sharp too, and the lockup is super tight and strong.
My only gripe is how loose the blade is when closed. I can slap it side-to-side against the liners. How 'bout yours?
Mine isn't bad like that when closed. But the blade has a bit of play in both directions when opened. Certainly acceptable... You might want to return yours ??

I like the design. The blade is large (depth) for the handle... The ergonomics are very good, like most AG Russell designs. I feel it's worth the $68 shipped price. And I expect to get years of service from this user. I'd recommend one :thumbsup:

Mine isn't bad like that when closed. But the blade has a bit of play in both directions when opened. Certainly acceptable... You might want to return yours ??
Nope... I'd rather have a little blade play when closed and no play when open. :)
I also took off the pocket clip and I just threw it in my pocket to see how I'll like carrying it.

Nope... I'd rather have a little blade play when closed and no play when open. :)
I also took off the pocket clip and I just threw it in my pocket to see how I'll like carrying it.
Yes, you're right, better snug in the open position my friend ;)
Is the clip screw an allen or a torx? Mine has bone dust / buffing compound in it and though I've digged it out some, I can't quite tell what type/size screw it is o_O

Yes, you're right, better snug in the open position my friend ;)
Is the clip screw an allen or a torx? Mine has bone dust / buffing compound in it and though I've digged it out some, I can't quite tell what type/size screw it is o_O
It's a small torx.
Looks rather pleasant with the pocket clip removed. I like it!
I may have to try the larger version some day...

I did a small mod to my AG Russell Rancher.
Removed the pocket clip and enlarged the screw hole a bit to allow for a lanyard.

I really like the blade shape and size. It came razor sharp. This one will get carried a lot.

Nice mod!!!
Without the pocket clip, it is downright traditional. I've thrown away the pocket clip and carry it a lot. I really like the knife, there may have to be a white bone in my future.

Nice mod!!!
Without the pocket clip, it is downright traditional. I've thrown away the pocket clip and carry it a lot. I really like the knife, there may have to be a white bone in my future.
Thanks, and glad to hear you are enjoying carrying yours :thumbsup:

Back