Modern Traditionals....;)

Top to bottom - ESEE Izula Damascus, Xancudo.
original.jpg

edit - new pic, no coated blades.

Last edited:
Thanks Ron.:thumbsup::thumbsup: More proof... ya take enough pics one will eventually turn out. :)

I kind of like a little modern twist on traditionals from time to time. This being my favorite example :)

eV2l3TA.jpg
Jeff that is just too cool!!! :cool: Obviously it was made by someone very creative. Love the swell center, shadow style with bird's eye pins, the blend of wood and micarta, the inlay and the blade choice. I could go on but you get the idea, I'd call it functional pocket art, very nice! :thumbsup::thumbsup: -James

Jeff that is just too cool!!! :cool: Obviously it was made by someone very creative. Love the swell center, shadow style with bird's eye pins, the blend of wood and micarta, the inlay and the blade choice. I could go on but you get the idea, I'd call it functional pocket art, very nice! :thumbsup::thumbsup: -James

James, thank you!

I collect GEC and have a few that I consider special, but, this eureka moose by Jared Oeser is the ONE! :D

It is a prototype I had the pleasure of adding some input to make it my own. The materials are all top shelf including the G-10 shield and O1 tool steel(a favorite of mine).

I have had it for years and carry it often. I dont even question myself anymore, if I could only have one, this knife makes it a no brainer for me.

A few of my knives that I consider modern traditional...
5nhAFFh.jpg

From the top left going down:

Benchmade Proper x2
Lion Steel Best Man x2
Maserin Sessantesimo
Smith & Sons Legacy Trapper
Maserin Plow Sodbuster
Lion Steel Otnat Spear
Lion Steel Bolus Drop Point
Maserin In-Estro

Last edited:
I ran this Artisan Cutlery Biome by Frank and Gary just to be safe, and it seems like a good fit for this thread.

At 1.4 oz. and just 8 mm thick at its widest point, it's a little feather in my pocket. In a concealed departure from tradition, it uses a hidden stop pin rather than a kick to prevent blade rap. Whatever Baron von Torxenbacher's descendants might say, those screws are a not-at-all-concealed departure... :eek::D

Walk is decent and talk is quite nice. It has a hidden lanyard attachment near the butt and a somewhat light/mushy half-stop (still functional, though). Overall I quite like it, especially for $30 and in Sandvik 12C27N steel, and if jade G10 isn't your thing it also comes in CF, black, and blue-gray. :)

WZrcIev.jpg

Per the recent Knife mag issue in an article on cotton samplers, interior or hidden pin instead of a kick is not new...even though AGRussell claimed it as his idea.

I ran this Artisan Cutlery Biome by Frank and Gary just to be safe, and it seems like a good fit for this thread.

At 1.4 oz. and just 8 mm thick at its widest point, it's a little feather in my pocket. In a concealed departure from tradition, it uses a hidden stop pin rather than a kick to prevent blade rap. Whatever Baron von Torxenbacher's descendants might say, those screws are a not-at-all-concealed departure... :eek::D

Walk is decent and talk is quite nice. It has a hidden lanyard attachment near the butt and a somewhat light/mushy half-stop (still functional, though). Overall I quite like it, especially for $30 and in Sandvik 12C27N steel, and if jade G10 isn't your thing it also comes in CF, black, and blue-gray. :)

WZrcIev.jpg

Although I don’t actually own any, I have to admit, I’m a sucker for a knife with jade G10 scales. :D :thumbsup:

Per the recent Knife mag issue in an article on cotton samplers, interior or hidden pin instead of a kick is not new...even though AGRussell claimed it as his idea.

Fascinating! I had no idea that was a feature of traditional knives. Thank you. :)

A few of my knives that I consider modern traditional...
5nhAFFh.jpg

From the top left going down:

Benchmade Proper x2
Lion Steel Best Man x2
Maserin Sessantesimo
Smith & Sons Legacy Trapper
Maserin Plow Sodbuster
Lion Steel Otnat Spear
Lion Steel Bolus Drop Point
Maserin In-Estro

Nice collection!
I am curious which one is your favorite.

Back