Moderna Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way people around here seem to think the vaccine is a mind control or tracking device.... you know the “You can’t tell me to wear a mask- I pay my taxes!” crowd.

With the way people around here seem to think the vaccine is a mind control or tracking device.... you know the “You can’t tell me to wear a mask- I pay my taxes!” crowd.
Got it.

My sister has never visited here, wears a mask everywhere, and is far too sane for that. Now, ME . . . well, maybe the only thing we have in common in that regard is that I wear a mask everywhere, too :D. No, I think it was a real, physical, biological reaction. No idea what the chemical or biological mechanism(s) might be, but she is fine now. Other than feeling like total crap and missing a couple of days of work, no harm / no foul I guess. After some research with the Google machine, it seems this is actually not uncommon. Maybe some reporter might want to tell folks about it . . . or not.

After some research with the Google machine, it seems this is actually not uncommon. Maybe some reporter might want to tell folks about it . . . or not.

It has been mentioned during the tests and afterward. It is real but usually fairly mild. I haven't paid that much attention, but I believe it has to do with your immune system revving up. Allergic reactions can also happen,
There is no live virus in the vaccine, so we can't actually get the Covid 19 flu fro the shot

It has been mentioned during the tests and afterward. It is real but usually fairly mild. I haven't paid that much attention, but I believe it has to do with your immune system revving up. Allergic reactions can also happen,
There is no live virus in the vaccine, so we can't actually get the Covid 19 flu fro the shot
Yeah, I realized you can't get the Wuhan Flu from the Wuhan Flu vaccine.

And I knew that someone could be allergic to some ingredient. This just did not sound like an allergic reaction. AFAIK, my sister has no allergies.

I suppose it's probably what you said - something to do with "revving up" your immune system.

I watch and read the news and I never see them tell folks about that and it just seems odd since they seem to spend so much bandwidth talking about the Wuhan Flu. I've been looking forward to getting the vaccine as soon as I can. But I'm a bit older and in worse overall health than my sister, so if I happen to be doing particularly poorly when my time comes and can't afford to miss 2-4 days of work, I will probably delay until a better time.

Missouri is dead last in states rolling out the vaccine- maybe things will drastically improve before we get it!!!

I watch and read the news and I never see them tell folks about that and it just seems odd since they seem to spend so much bandwidth talking about the Wuhan Flu. I've been looking forward to getting the vaccine as soon as I can. But I'm a bit older and in worse overall health than my sister, so if I happen to be doing particularly poorly when my time comes and can't afford to miss 2-4 days of work, I will probably delay until a better time.

It seems to be more common with the 2nd shot. I would guess they are downplaying it since they want people to get both shots. It is the same with both present vacines, but I haven't heard anything about the J&J which is based on a different approach and 1 shot(,and does seem to be a bit less effective)

Last edited:
There's a vaccine that has an account of a broken arm listed as a possible side effect. Kid got the vaccine, tripped, fell, broke his arm and they still listed it because the guidelines for reporting vaccine side effects and injuries are incredibly strict and they report literally everything.

The risk of not getting vaccinated remains vastly greater than the risk of a vaccine related reaction or injury.

Got it.

My sister has never visited here, wears a mask everywhere, and is far too sane for that. Now, ME . . . well, maybe the only thing we have in common in that regard is that I wear a mask everywhere, too :D. No, I think it was a real, physical, biological reaction. No idea what the chemical or biological mechanism(s) might be, but she is fine now. Other than feeling like total crap and missing a couple of days of work, no harm / no foul I guess. After some research with the Google machine, it seems this is actually not uncommon. Maybe some reporter might want to tell folks about it . . . or not.

Or not, and if they do, they will not know what they are talking about, just repeating someone else's opinion.

One will read about this in the medical literature, and it is complex. There are developers of immunotherapy, physicians, virologists, oncologists, who have things to say about this, but the news to the public is sorely lacking, sanitized, and watered down to the lowest common denominator, IMO.

I believe they know very little for certain, and this is partially the nature of the beast.

There is an article on this in todays SunSentinel paper referring to Florida cases
" So far reported side-effects range from the common such as fever, chills, and headache to the more serious including chest pains, palpitations and stroke. " They are investigating 16 deaths that occurred shortly after vaccinations

This is the 1st I had heard of the more severe reactions, though I expected some
I should note that while the vaccine is a constant to these reactions, there are many variables from person to person.

Last edited:
My 90 year old parents got the Moderna version Tuesday. Dad was sick to his stomach 4 hours after his shot. Mom had no effects that night.
Called Dad Wednesday evening and he said they were both OK. He sounded a little off.
Will see how they are doing tomorrow when I drive down to check on them.

My Sis had both Moderna shots. She felt ill for a few days after #1. Slept 24 hours straight after the 1st one. Nothing but a sore arm after the 2nd one.

I'm getting the vaccine as soon as they allow us 55 year olds to do so.

Last edited:
I read that some congressmunchkin tested positive for the Wuhan Flu after already having had both vaccinations. Can't remember if it was Pfizer or Moderna. Reading some more, I guess we should expect this. It is supposedly pretty darn effective, but not 100 percent. So you can get vaccinated, and still get the rona virus. And in some cases, you might inhale the virus after being vaccinated and the virus might make a home in your nasal passages, but the vaccine would stop it from spreading beyond. Something else I haven't heard about on the evening news . . . Not sure what this might mean for maskwearing by folks who have been vaccinated . . .

I read that some congressmunchkin tested positive for the Wuhan Flu after already having had both vaccinations. Can't remember if it was Pfizer or Moderna. Reading some more, I guess we should expect this. It is supposedly pretty darn effective, but not 100 percent. So you can get vaccinated, and still get the rona virus. And in some cases, you might inhale the virus after being vaccinated and the virus might make a home in your nasal passages, but the vaccine would stop it from spreading beyond. Something else I haven't heard about on the evening news . . . Not sure what this might mean for maskwearing by folks who have been vaccinated . . .
I sincerely doubt this is even a case of the vaccine failing. Vaccines and the immune system don't work instantaneously, it takes weeks after the second shot to develop any real kind of immunity. In this case, it looks like there were less than two weeks between his second dose and his positive tests. It's very likely he simply contracted the virus before he developed the immune response to fully deal with it.

The way I heard it, was that he tested positive after being exposed by someone around him, but he was not ill in any way. They said that was the way it should work.

I drove my wife to get her 1st dose. As I was waiting one of the workers tapped on the truck window and asked if I wanted to get a shot. So I got a Moderna dose too. In fact since we were the last appointments tonight everyone in the parking lot got the vaccine no matter were they fell on the “list of important people”.
So, I will let you know if either of us have any adverse effects.

The Amazing Virginian The Amazing Virginian

If you want to see case reports allegedly being investigated by CDC of frail elderly dying within minutes or hours of receive a vaccination, here is the link: https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D8;jsessionid=D6DB1D55717A6861A8EE52543194

In the United States, VAERS reports contain numerous other cases of elderly, frail people who’d had COVID-19, got vaccinated, and died.

E.g., A 96-year-old Ohio woman tested positive for COVID-19 in November, got the Pfizer vaccine on Dec. 28, 2020, in a rehab facility after a fall, and died that afternoon (915920-1).

I would check it out, if you can, and form your own opinion.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From the British Journal of Medicine https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149

"Doctors in Norway have been told to conduct more thorough evaluations of very frail elderly patients in line to receive the Pfizer BioNTec vaccine against covid-19, following the deaths of 23 patients shortly after receiving the vaccine.

“It may be a coincidence, but we aren’t sure,” Steinar Madsen, medical director of the Norwegian Medicines Agency (NOMA), told The BMJ. “There is no certain connection between these deaths and the vaccine.”

The agency has investigated 13 of the deaths so far and concluded that common adverse reactions of mRNA vaccines, such as fever, nausea, and diarrhoea, may have contributed to fatal outcomes in some of the frail patients.

“There is a possibility that these common adverse reactions, that are not dangerous in fitter, younger patients and are not unusual with vaccines, may aggravate underlying disease in the elderly,” Madsen said. “We are not alarmed or worried about this, because these are very rare occurrences and they occurred in very frail patients with very serious disease,” he emphasised. “We are now asking for doctors to continue with the vaccination, but to carry out extra evaluation of very sick people whose underlying condition might be aggravated by it.” This evaluation includes discussing the risks and benefits of vaccination with the patient and their families to decide whether or not vaccination is the best course.

More than 20 000 doses of the vaccine have been administered over the past few weeks in Norway and around 400 deaths normally occur among care home residents every week.

The Paul Ehrlich Institute in Germany is also investigating 10 deaths shortly after covid-19 vaccination.1

Asked if any deaths had occurred in UK patients after vaccination, the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said that details of all suspected reactions reported in association with approved covid-19 vaccines would be published along with its assessment of the data on a regular basis in the future. Based on the available published reports from the clinical trials, the MHRA said it did not currently anticipate any specific safety concerns.

In a statement, Pfizer said, “Pfizer and BioNTech are aware of reported deaths following administration of BNT162b2. We are working with NOMA to gather all the relevant information.

“Norwegian authorities have prioritised the immunisation of residents in nursing homes, most of whom are very elderly with underlying medical conditions and some of whom are terminally ill. NOMA confirm the number of incidents so far is not alarming, and in line with expectations. All reported deaths will be thoroughly evaluated by NOMA to determine if these incidents are related to the vaccine. The Norwegian government will also consider adjusting their vaccination instructions to take the patients’ health into more consideration.

“Our immediate thoughts are with the bereaved families.”

References

1. Zusammenhang unwahrscheinlich: Institut prüft zehn Todesfälle nach Impfung [German]. NTV. 14 January 2021. www.n-tv.de/panorama/Institut-prueft-zehn-Todesfaelle-nach-Impfung-article22292066.html."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back