Modified Production Knives (traditional only)

DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0190.jpg

DSCN0590.jpg

grncnvs-copperlock4.jpg

What was done to the Queen and the other one? It would be cool if there were more "before" pics.

Nice mods either way.

Glenn

What was done to the Queen and the other one? It would be cool if there were more "before" pics.

Nice mods either way.

Glenn

Both had the handles redone. The other one is a Moore Maker and like the queen had yellow composite handles with cracks at the center pin.

I got my English Jack back from Don Hanson, III (Sunfish Forge) yesterday, and I've got a new sweetheart!
I had him regrind the full length spear blade into a 3/4 length Wharncliffe, reswedge and regrind the edge bevel.

BEFORE REGRIND
HansonBefore.jpg

AFTER HANSON MAGIC
IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

I'm a decent freehand sharpener, but boy howdy does this Wharncliffe cut now with the more acute edge bevel.

Thanks again, Don! :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks, Jason. It was always one of my favorite knives for looks, but now it is doubley desireable, as it is twice as useful as before, and even better looking.

I got my English Jack back from Don Hanson, III (Sunfish Forge) yesterday, and I've got a new sweetheart!
I had him regrind the full length spear blade into a 3/4 length Wharncliffe, reswedge and regrind the edge bevel.

BEFORE REGRIND
HansonBefore.jpg

AFTER HANSON MAGIC
IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

I'm a decent freehand sharpener, but boy howdy does this Wharncliffe cut now with the more acute edge bevel.

Thanks again, Don! :) :) :) :) :)
Ahhh, this post makes me miss my old English Jack. It vanished after my truck was towed, after a bad accident I was in. :(

Beautiful! Congrats on that one!

Robert.B , That is a very nicely imagined, and executed mod. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I Love it!!!

Lol old mossyhorn is a good one! Thanks guys...i have another in the works once i source some sambar slab cuts.

That's one of the coolest Old Hickory mods I've ever seen.

Robert B.! That´s a great looking staghandle. Congratz to that great mod.

Kind regards
Andi

Best yet Jeff.

Any way to tell what company made the original knife? :)

Seriously, looks great now.

Last edited:
Back