Modified Production Knives (traditional only)

Thanks guys. I'll definitely try your suggestions. I knew I was asking the right people. Infinitely helpful!

Place sharp part of blade in the crack, whack it with a soft medium ( deadblow, wood, brass mallet) and drive blade through the pins. Baton is a big buzz word for bushcrafters.

this should be fun gonna be some mod projects coming up :D

Have fun brother! This one started life as one of those. Kudos to Glenn for the result.

IMG_1977.jpg

Awfully purty knife u have there. I got a couple in the works also[emoji6].
d37866e696e059d6bd645f46c52a2806.jpg
btw- the utility knife worked like a charm!

Last edited:
No. That was what I had the most trouble with. I used pin stock on the back of the blade tang in a vice. To say it was clumsy would be an understatement. I've never heard of a "pressure jig" before. Any pics or links?

folks use it to apply tension to the spring for assembling the blade back in, it looks like. there is a different arm on that rig to push the spring back

Not much of a modification but I took the head off of this Queen Coperhead so I could grab it a bit easier. I love some of the mods do here. I wish I had the guts to pull my knife apart and put some green micarta covers on it. The natural canvas covers look great too!

Derrman, those look great!

Easy, a mod is a mod. Looks like a winner to me.

Back