Mods please delete thread - issue sorted after a take down, oil and re-seat.

Mods you can delete this thread problem sorted, took the whole thing apart, seated it all and oiled, now its flush and locking up perfect, happy again.

Last edited:
So the 4max is probably one of my all time favorite knives, I like it as much as my Demko custom AD10's. Just received my second one and it's the Italian version, its perfect apart from one thing that I consider to be a flaw. The lockbar once engaged sinks down below the liners (see pics) making it not flush and it absolutely grinds my beans at this price. Before i send this back to the dealer i'm just curious if anyone else can check theirs and let me know how your lockbar varies with slow opening and also with a good firm click open. I'm so disappointed to send this back it was the last one in Australia.

The Triad lock is self adjusting so hypothetically I would imagine any triad lock knife could end up with a lockbar that does this eventually.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Just like some framelock knives come with a higher percentage lockup this Italian 4maxx is essentially the backlock equivalent.

The Triad lock is self adjusting so hypothetically I would imagine any triad lock knife could end up with a lockbar that does this eventually.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Just like some framelock knives come with a higher percentage lockup this Italian 4maxx is essentially the backlock equivalent.

Yeah i've tried looking at it from that point of view, but it's pretty annoying when every other tri-ad lock i have doesn't suffer from this issue. It doesnt always lockup this deep, just occasionally. I like jimping pattern on these so its frustrating to see it not flush with the rest of the liners.

Back