Moeletta clip

I just got a used moeletta without the adjustment tool. The clip is bent out somewhat and I need to bend it back. I was able to remove the nut with needle nose pliers and lots of swearing but replacing that nut properly is not working. Couldn't find a spanner wrench or bit small enough at the local Ace store and Lionsteel customer service would have to come from Italy , unless they have US service? Is there a tool I can get that won't scratch up my knife like my pliers might if I keep trying? Maybe a custom clip and nut is available? Maybe this is why it was so cheap-$100, in new condition, previous owner didn't want to deal with this lol. Other then this it is a wonderful knife well made smooth action and fits my hand like a calfskin glove... but that clip....thanks in advance for any help

Hey, my friend. I thought that someone would have been by to help you by now. I think the LionSteel subforum is pretty sleepy.

If you post some pictures of the problem, I could take a look at it; but honestly, I think you would have more luck on the Maintenance subforum. Those folks over there know much more than I ever will.

I did want to say, that Moletta is a designer, so I believe that is just his makers mark, not the name of the knife.

Good luck with your collection!

Back