Monday evening with beautiful Foxy Folly

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Eric the RedBeard donated this beauty to help Kamis during this difficult time. Eric made the handle nice and shinny!
mpZfe3Y.jpg

Thank you, Eric

17 inch 18 ounce Foxy Folly by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle with brass decoration. Leather sheath. Take this beauty home today at $199. *SOLD*

oEJKPUO.jpg

TqyaKdS.jpg

JVnkWkj.jpg

oCtksT9.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com
First come first served

Last edited:
That is the most adorable Cho I've seen...
Did Ram Kumar change his signature icon?
His maker mark is a leaf. Looks kinda like a strawberry on this one. I've seen his blades have many different style Cho shapes. That one is a real beauty but I never felt like it belonged to me. And it is way to pretty for me to use. I practiced with it a lot. It is a great martial arts knife. Lightning fast. I loved to show it off to guests because when you hand it to them, they are always expecting it to be a lot heavier than it is. It has a very deep fuller. Also has a wide enough belly to flip pancakes. There was a crack in the wood handle but it had been repaired. It wont crack again. I hope it finds a good home!

Last edited:
maybe i've been gone a while, and kami's have changed...

but this is a most unusual foxy folly (and i have them all :>)

Thank you! I'm glad it found a good home. It is lightning fast and even prettier in person. Hope you like it.

I used to think I was lightning fast when I was a young man. Now I'm just Volkswagen fast.
I have a soft spot for these knives. I think they are beautiful and I've really come to appreciate their utility with the little bit of work I've put them through. This one is too beautiful to do much besides polishing, sharpening, and admiring.
What do you use on the handle? Is Beeswax ever used?

I'm not very fast either. More of a slow and steady wins the race type of guy. The knife is very light.

I usually use mineral oil to keep the wood handles "hydrated." My first khukuri I ever got, I warmed the handle up over my stove and melted a stick of chapstick into the handle until it absorbed it all. I have never oiled it since then and it has not cracked. I use it all the time for yard work. I have a feeling beeswax would have a similar effect. This Foxy has a thin coat of cyanoacrylate (super glue) on the handle. I do that to some of mine to pretty them up, and seal them, and because I like the feel of it. It sands off very easy with sandpaper or a file if you want to go back natural wood again. There was a crack in the handle that had been repaired and shiny made it look a little better to me than the natural look.

Thanks, Eric
I'm looking forward to seeing your work. It looks exquisite in the pictures.

I lean towards Linseed oil or similar, mineral oil is also good. Most of the others seal the grain and unless you remove it and put something thin on, it won't rehydrate and just dries out.
The type of wood makes a huge difference, some wood will probably never dry out.

I lean towards Linseed oil or similar, mineral oil is also good. Most of the others seal the grain and unless you remove it and put something thin on, it won't rehydrate and just dries out.
The type of wood makes a huge difference, some wood will probably never dry out.

Thanks for the advice!

I used to think I was lightning fast when I was a young man. Now I'm just Volkswagen fast.
I have a soft spot for these knives. I think they are beautiful and I've really come to appreciate their utility with the little bit of work I've put them through. This one is too beautiful to do much besides polishing, sharpening, and admiring.
What do you use on the handle? Is Beeswax ever used?

I've used Ballistol for almost 15 years on Kukris and knives (wood, horn, antler, steel, everything) based on a recommendation I got here way back when. It is mineral oil based along with alcohol and some other stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistol

I've used a lot of Ballistol, took Yangdu a couple cans of it on one trip. Get it on the knives trying to avoid the handle cracks due to weather changes. Good stuff.

Back