1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Monday Sales

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    This is awesome.

2. Zamboni26

Zamboni26

Apr 11, 2016
    2.7 F2 from July 18 just shipped. Hope more are to follow soon!

3. jjweb

jjweb Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2015
    I just got a shipping notice for my Cru Forge 4.7 ugly and 5.1 custom spearpoint 2nd !!

4. Vernal2014

Vernal2014 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Got my shipping notice from July 18th.

5. Haole

Haole

Jan 1, 2009
    2.7 f2nd on its way here! It only has 70 miles to travel! :thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  6. Haole

Haole

Jan 1, 2009

7. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Not a Monday sale, but I just got a shipping notice from S!K :) probably my pre-order 4.7. It's nice to see the shipment e-mails flowing :thumbup:

8. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    4.7 CF-V factory seconds are on the site right now.

Never mind. Seems like any handle selection results in an out of stock message...

9. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    Now they are up.

Also, it is letting me add a 4.7 second in 3V and in 20CV to the cart but it says it is out of stock?

10. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    If you can add it, it is there, just ignore that "out of stock" label at the front :)

11. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    still 4.7 2nds in various handles in CPM-154

12. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I just could not resist a 4.7 2nd in 20CV.
    Now the only thing that could make me pull the trigger again is a 4.1 in Delta 3V. :D

13. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    I picked up a 4.7 in 20cv as well. I have the newer 5.1 in both 3v and 20cv. I took the 20cv backpacking over the weekend and I like it. My 4.1 developed some minor rust by putting it in the sheath a little damp and within a few hours it showed some minor surface rust. Did the same thing with the 20cv while trout fishing over the weekend with no issues. I still love my knives in 3v, but for wet or moist conditions it's nice to have the 20cv option.

14. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I intentionally put my 2.7 (20CV) away wet after cleaning trout and then rinsing it off this summer. I didn't get any signs of rust anywhere that I could see it. I think that stuff is pretty dang stainless.

15. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    I have two 3.5's in 20cv as well and haven't had any issues. I agree, the 20cv is pretty darn stainless and I like them. Didn't really notice any real performance differences between the 3v and 20cv. Granted I don't really torture test my knives, but normal camp chores like battoning, kindling, feather sticks, clearing off small branches, and of course food prep. Haven't had any issues with edge retention on either of the knives. The only problem I have is I don't get to use them all :)

16. watson0179

watson0179

Sep 18, 2007
    Anyone need to recoup some money they spent yesterday and sell their necker 2 ;)

17. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    20CV is twenty percent chrome, so yes, it is pretty darned stainless. :)
    In comparison 3V has only seven and a half percent chrome (and a lowish carbon content) so it is merely pretty corrosion resistant for a tool steel.

18. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Oh, and 2nd 4.7 CPM154 are still available at this time.

19. Vernal2014

Vernal2014 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2014
    I think that is a record for the longest time a knife has been available on the site. I am tempted to order one in CPM 154 just to give it a try.

20. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    The 4.7 CFV was available under limited editions for weeks if not months.
    It is a long time for something offered on a Monday to remain in stock.
    I suspect that CPM154 and CFV just don't have the allure of 3V and 20CV.