Monday Sales

I just got a shipping notice for my Cru Forge 4.7 ugly and 5.1 custom spearpoint 2nd !!

2.7 f2nd on its way here! It only has 70 miles to travel! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Not a Monday sale, but I just got a shipping notice from S!K :) probably my pre-order 4.7. It's nice to see the shipment e-mails flowing :thumbup:

4.7 CF-V factory seconds are on the site right now.

Never mind. Seems like any handle selection results in an out of stock message...

Now they are up.

Also, it is letting me add a 4.7 second in 3V and in 20CV to the cart but it says it is out of stock?

If you can add it, it is there, just ignore that "out of stock" label at the front :)

I just could not resist a 4.7 2nd in 20CV.
Now the only thing that could make me pull the trigger again is a 4.1 in Delta 3V. :D

I picked up a 4.7 in 20cv as well. I have the newer 5.1 in both 3v and 20cv. I took the 20cv backpacking over the weekend and I like it. My 4.1 developed some minor rust by putting it in the sheath a little damp and within a few hours it showed some minor surface rust. Did the same thing with the 20cv while trout fishing over the weekend with no issues. I still love my knives in 3v, but for wet or moist conditions it's nice to have the 20cv option.

I picked up a 4.7 in 20cv as well. I have the newer 5.1 in both 3v and 20cv. I took the 20cv backpacking over the weekend and I like it. My 4.1 developed some minor rust by putting it in the sheath a little damp and within a few hours it showed some minor surface rust. Did the same thing with the 20cv while trout fishing over the weekend with no issues. I still love my knives in 3v, but for wet or moist conditions it's nice to have the 20cv option.

I intentionally put my 2.7 (20CV) away wet after cleaning trout and then rinsing it off this summer. I didn't get any signs of rust anywhere that I could see it. I think that stuff is pretty dang stainless.

I intentionally put my 2.7 (20CV) away wet after cleaning trout and then rinsing it off this summer. I didn't get any signs of rust anywhere that I could see it. I think that stuff is pretty dang stainless.

I have two 3.5's in 20cv as well and haven't had any issues. I agree, the 20cv is pretty darn stainless and I like them. Didn't really notice any real performance differences between the 3v and 20cv. Granted I don't really torture test my knives, but normal camp chores like battoning, kindling, feather sticks, clearing off small branches, and of course food prep. Haven't had any issues with edge retention on either of the knives. The only problem I have is I don't get to use them all :)

20CV is twenty percent chrome, so yes, it is pretty darned stainless. :)
In comparison 3V has only seven and a half percent chrome (and a lowish carbon content) so it is merely pretty corrosion resistant for a tool steel.

I think that is a record for the longest time a knife has been available on the site. I am tempted to order one in CPM 154 just to give it a try.

The 4.7 CFV was available under limited editions for weeks if not months.
It is a long time for something offered on a Monday to remain in stock.
I suspect that CPM154 and CFV just don't have the allure of 3V and 20CV.

Back