Monster Busse Inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this guy over on Ebay selling every high end Busse ever made? He sent me an email with the sales pitch..."These are NOWHERE NEAR CHEAP!" Seems an odd way to woo customers lmao. His stuff is like twice what the same knife is sold here for.

FleaBay...I usually need to shower after viewing.

Yea really. Its like a catalog of their greatest hits. He just buys them and marks them up. I think he goes after noobs who dont know the prices are too high, and also seems to think he can do something like "cornering the market" by having the biggest collection and setting his prices. It must be working, otherwise I don't understand how he's survived all these years...like a cockroach.

Admittedly I buy a few here and there on the Bay, but its only when the whole thing looks legit, and/or its really rare and something I want. I just picked up a coated Boss Street in an auction listed in near mint condition, for 22 bucks over the original Busse sale price. It got here, sure enough, near mint. Point being, it can happen, just be discerning and ask questions.

And don't buy from Liu Kang or any of his incarnations.

Last edited:
I always wonder how the heck he gets Custom Shop OP2W knives when the Custom Shop is closed. Where are the CS Park Rangers and stuff coming from if Busse hasn't been going to any shows either? I thought maybe he was having the handles redone somewhere else, but they all have the CS logo. I've seen some CS come through grab bags and I know some people would have received CS knives with last year's $10k Black Friday deal, but it seems like he has everyone that has left the shop. Been baffled by that for a while.

In any case, if he ever gets a BOSC ID again you better believe I'm going to buy that sucker regardless of his reputation. I NEED IT!

The other big seller is Knife Hunter, both a Member and Moderator of this sub-forum. Unlike small wang, KH is honest and trustworthy.
I got a great deal on a Butaniku Short from KH a while back. Was super happy with that transaction.

I always wonder how the heck he gets Custom Shop OP2W knives when the Custom Shop is closed. Where are the CS Park Rangers and stuff coming from if Busse hasn't been going to any shows either? I thought maybe he was having the handles redone somewhere else, but they all have the CS logo. I've seen some CS come through grab bags and I know some people would have received CS knives with last year's $10k Black Friday deal, but it seems like he has everyone that has left the shop. Been baffled by that for a while.

In any case, if he ever gets a BOSC ID again you better believe I'm going to buy that sucker regardless of his reputation. I NEED IT!

I would imagine if you spend the amount of money these guys do at shows, you can make special requests.I remember that Lou Kang dude and what he used to post after a Busse show..He must be writing checks payable to Busse well into 5 figures.

The rumor is that he's the reason the CS is closed. Its goes like this: he bought the shop out for years with years of orders placed! :eek: That's one big check for sure if its even half true. Now he's a Busse distributer lmao! :confused::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

$1047 for a Forsaken Mistress CG, a common knife that sold less than a year ago from Busse for $597? I call that price gouging, and it's very disappointing.

Keep in mind that $597 price for a well-heeled buyer could be up to 22.5% off with shop credits, so possibly as low as $463.

Last edited:
The rumor is that he's the reason the CS is closed. Its goes like this: he bought the shop out for years with years of orders placed! :eek: That's one big check for sure if its even half true. Now he's a Busse distributor lmao! :confused::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Wow. I hope that's not true. I'd like to think they wouldn't "do that to us." I'd hope its just a general backlog they're trying to burn down...

Liu Kang. Sounds like a Villain from Austin Powers

he's the <more> evil step-cousin of OddJob...

Oddjob.jpeg

here's a very rare photo of him teething his INFI grill he commissioned thru the CS...
541717fb8e0d3.image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back