Monster Busse Inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s one of the Nuked V8s that was sold here that is now over there at a big price bump.

I look over there on occasion but have only ever bought 1 blade from there. I just about all of the sellers on there are selling for over inflated prices. When I see them here, they are normally more reasonable

To all Busse buyers: resist the temptation to pay 2X-3X what would be a reasonable price for a knife - if everyone did this, prices would fall quickly. I passed on some beautiful knives that LK was selling for inflated prices, will do the same with KH, and I'm much happier for not buying ridiculously priced knives!!

Knife hunter is a good dude. I'm not prolific, or cool, but he has scored two for me at shows without really knowing me. Even before he started his website. I got a great deal on both.

B11 and a KZII.

$1047 for a Forsaken Mistress CG, a common knife that sold less than a year ago from Busse for $597? I call that price gouging, and it's very disappointing.

Keep in mind that $597 price for a well-heeled buyer could be up to 22.5% off with shop credits, so possibly as low as $463.

Maybe too hearty a mark up. Also, the price for large infill seems depressed from what it was years ago. I remember CGFFBM selling for that price once. I once sold a FBMLE for $625 with a sheath.....

I sure wish I had the cash to get one of the Forsaken Mistresses. What an instant classic!! Big Bowie style blade, with clip, CBT, etc.

I'd also love a war sword. I have only a WTF left in my collection (Battle Grade)

The other big seller is Knife Hunter, both a Member and Moderator of this sub-forum. Unlike small wang, KH is honest and trustworthy.

I've so done good deals with KnifeHunter. He is a solid guy...and has done solid favors for too many hogs on here to count!!!

Maybe too hearty a mark up. Also, the price for large infill seems depressed from what it was years ago. I remember CGFFBM selling for that price once. I once sold a FBMLE for $625 with a sheath.....

I sure wish I had the cash to get one of the Forsaken Mistresses. What an instant classic!! Big Bowie style blade, with clip, CBT, etc.

I'd also love a war sword. I have only a WTF left in my collection (Battle Grade)

I've so done good deals with KnifeHunter. He is a solid guy...and has done solid favors for too many hogs on here to count!!!
I bought at least one knife from KH many years ago for a reasonable price - that is why I am really surprised that many of his prices are now so inflated.

The bottom line is they are his knives and he is free to ask as much as he wants, but I will not be buying at those prices, like the FM CG at $1047.

Here’s my .02.
Unfortunately there is a few forum guys over there with different names selling knives at an inflated price. I guess anyway to make a quick buck... I’ve never been good at that. I’m too sentimental.and really hate sellin stuff.
I must Admit tho. I too In a pinch have sold to the said above gents at a fair price a grail you searched years for tripled in price and for sale within a week. It’s sad but it’s life I guess . That’s Busse life. You can’t keep em all.

The way lui Kang works, is say there's a Butaniku listed for $2800. He uses eBay for advertising. Then he'll email you and say you can buy it directly from him for $2100. He made a profit of $500 and avoided eBay fees. You get a "discount" but no eBay protection.

Can’t keep ‘em all? So far, so good. As a guy with an (un)reasonable amount of moolah invested in Bussekin; Chris Reeve, etc. I will weigh in that anyone on any forum, store, sidewalk stand can ask any price that want for anything they offer for sale. Free Market Capitalism. Our choice is to purchase or not. LK is certainly not the only seller asking beyond outrageous prices for their wares.

As for the notion of him overwhelming The Mothership with his purchases through the CS or at knife shows? That can only be realistically controlled by the seller at the point of sale.

And that Capitalism thing works in both directions. I have purchased - another forum member here claimed I stole - a pristine SHSH2 off another forum at about 40% of its value. I just happened to spot it just after it’s posting. What should I do? Tell the seller what knife is really worth, not the nearly-wet-my-trousers-with-excitement price I’m about to pay him. Every one here would have done exactly what I did. Buyer, and seller - beware. Think I have a pretty reasonable take on this, but let me grab my Kevlar to ward off any incoming.

Last edited:
And that Capitalism thing works in both directions. I have purchased - another forum member here claimed I stole - a pristine SHSH2 off another forum at about 40% of its value. I just happened to spot it just after it’s posting. What should I do? Tell the seller what knife is really worth, not the nearly-wet-my-trousers-with-excitement price I’m about to pay him. Every one here would have done exactly what I did. Buyer, and seller - beware. Think I have a pretty reasonable take on this, but let me grab my Kevlar to ward off any incoming.
This is simple- the question is "Who's the fool?" You for not banging it or the seller for not knowing what they had? You also took a risk, could've been a fake, could've been messed up- you don't ever know. I've bought stuff that was an amazing deal because I knew the value and made out great! I've also not done my homework a time or two.

Additional comments on my great purchase. I could tell by the seller’s listing title and remarks that he had little idea of the type of knife he was selling, nor it’s value. He did, however, post enough good images that I had no doubts about the validity of his offering. This was my third SHSH2, (and have two SH1’s), so do have some knowledge on the early Busses. Just getting out of bed every morning involves a calculated risk. This purchase was pretty safe. I do sometimes play the fool, as most of us do on occasion. Usually with women. Hardly ever involving business. Have a great upcoming weekend, all.

I don't understand something here.

KH and Liu has the same (irreal) high prices. Both of them are correct, if You order something from them. They answer immediately for our questions, send the ordered item immediately after paying. No problem. No difference.

I've already bought knives from both guy. Of course, rare items for high price. They were correct. The price is their own right. If I stupid enough to pay it, this is my right. I have no problems with any of them.

And after these, some guys here doesn't like Liu, but likes KH. Why is the differece? I don't understand.

And after these, some guys here doesn't like Liu, but likes KH. Why is the differece? I don't understand.

there is a noticeable bias...

but there are exhaustive threads on here about LK-- first hand accounts of dealing outside of regulations of various places, items not being delivered in "as promised/advertised" condition, general mistreatment of customers....it's all mostly open for viewing...just search it.

I don't recall seeing any blips on KH's radar like that.

So, I'd say the difference is, in a word, SERVICE.

Pricing is what it is...take it or leave it...nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head to pay KH's or LK <gate-bil> prices so that point is moot for me. YMMV

I don't see a conspiracy for or against either party, just basic free market economics at work doin what they do, which is a good thing. :):thumbsup:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back