Monster choppers just in (Khukhuri house 18" Mukti and 14" Chhuri) !

Just got these amazing knives from Khukhuri house! I have not really tested them in chopping but just looking at them and holding them and handling them its so incredible. I also had kydex sheaths made for them by KH House and they did a phenomenal job! Now this is by no means a comprehensive review but I thought I'd just share some pictures and initial thoughts.

First of all pictured from top to bottom, the Bk9, the 14" Chhuri and the 18" Mukti. All sheathed:

Mukti4.jpg

Now unsheathed:

Mukti5.jpg

The Chhuri

The Chhuri is surprisingly fast, light and comfortable in the hand... but don't mix this up for some kind of pocket chopper... it is a behemoth. It just feels amazing and the kydex fits it like an absolute dream. The guard on it also cushion the hand very well making it extremely comfortable. The unilateral bevel at the top is a nice artistic touch and gives it a really unique look. The blade is 14" long. Its about 8.5 mm thick, full tang with wood grips. Sorry don't know the weight off hand but its far far heavier than the bk9 as would be expected. It should be noted that Khukhuri house does not advertise this as one of their official knives but I asked if they could make it and referenced images from one of their competitors and they agreed to get it done. They did an amazing job. Its absolutely a dream bowie for me.

Mukti6.jpg

Mukti7.jpg

Mukti8.jpg

Mukti9.jpg

The Mukti

Simply put... the ultimate of overkill, over built, insane knives. 18" long blade and 10 mm thick (but I actually asked for 12 mm... so was a bit disappointed but its still amazing). This thing just weighs a ton. If I would have to guess I would say easily 3 kg, maybe more. Just holding it up is fatiguing and getting it moving with 1 hand is no easy task. But if you do get it going, I feel sorry for anything in its path.

Mukti10.jpg

Mukti11.jpg

Mukti12.jpg

In this pic, the Himalayan imports 20" (overall) Chiruwa Ang Khola is on the left.

Mukti14.jpg

So far im extremely happy with these blades and although they aren't cheap they are fairly priced for the amazing quality you get. The only downer was them not respecting a couple of my specification requests on the 18" Mukti... but they got some things right and the end product looks and feels brilliant. Hats off to them.

I will update this thread with any future testing I do.

Ok, when I saw how big that mukti was I actually laughed. That thing is monstrous. I think they did you a favor making it 10mm thick. 6lbs is almost way to much to safely use it for any real work. Very cool talking piece, however. Congrats. I chuckled when I saw how small the BK9 looked in comparison and the BK9 isn't a small knife.

Wow, awesome. I'd love to buy the Mukti if you ever decide to sell it and order for a 12mm again. :D

Hahaha Jac, your funny. Thanks guys for the comments. It is so funny how the BK9 is so small isn't it?

The next thing im eyeing at Kukri house is the Mutant slayer.... its really the ultimate indestructible looking sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp01XKMNZTg

:)

I've been considering buying the Mukti for awhile, and I think I've contacted them at least once about a custom order. I really like the design of it. What was your wait time?

:)

I've been considering buying the Mukti for awhile, and I think I've contacted them at least once about a custom order. I really like the design of it. What was your wait time?

Approx 4-6 weeks. Can't recall exactly. But I did order 2 items, the chhuri and mukti together.

Love my multi, although mine isn't a straight 3/8ths thru out, it slims down considerably towards the butt.

It is however freaking awesome and could be used as a sledge hammer if needed lol

Love my multi, although mine isn't a straight 3/8ths thru out, it slims down considerably towards the butt.

It is however freaking awesome and could be used as a sledge hammer if needed lol

Nice! Ya the Mukti is such a nice design. And ya these knives seem brutally tough.

Back