Moore Maker

I don't have any Moore maker knives but I use their fencing pliers to fix fence. They're the best around, small enough to fit in your pocket but still big enough to get leverage to cut wire. I've never had a problem with the pliers, but have heard from others that their warranty is also great. Not sure if they make the pliers themselves or not. I've also read on here that Bear and Sons has made knives for them.

As far as the second picture immediately above, would the style of awl be helpful in an evidentiary sense? You more than anyone would probably recognize it Charlie.
Thanks, Neal
Might be, Neal. I don't recognize it offhand - the tip might be re-ground slightly. Does anyone recognize the punch in post #19??

Charlie-it does look a little ground down at the tip, doesn't it? The nail nick placement makes me think it's not Queen, but I certainly could be wrong. Perhaps a photo of the other side would be of benefit, idk. The Spey blade looks a bit off too, but both could be from use.
Thanks, Neal

I immediately looked at the Punch when Viewing Lamertiana's Stockman/Cattle Knife, possibly not reground? Lambertiana Sir- do you have "when brand new" photos?
Charlie- There is no end to your collection- I myself have never owned a More Maker- they seem popular!

Post 19 - the buffalo horn stockman with punch is definitely a Camillus. Camillus made patterns in yellow delrin and in buffalo horn for Moore Maker.

Queen does made a 3-7/8" bone handled punch blade stockman for Moore Maker.

I think this is the same pattern and was made by Camillus.
x0z1Utt.jpg

Lambertiana Sir- do you have "when brand new" photos?

I bought it used on the exchange, so I don't have pictures of it when new. On close inspection, I do not believe the punch has been modified from the original grind.

Duncan, you should get a Queen-made Moore Maker. I have only handled two of them, but the quality is on par with GEC. And, unlike many of the Queen-branded knives, they have thin edges.

Thanks Ramrodmb and Lambertiana:thumbsup:

Geez - thanks Lambertiana my friend- now I'm just going to have to keep my eyes open for yet another Knife!:D

I was looking at a Knife-Ax como when it first came out because it is came close to the the old Case set up. They priced it pretty high. I was able to get an original Case set for half their asking price. It's still pretty cool. Here's a pic I took of the Interwebs.
MM5101-AX-03.jpg

I was poking around some dealer sites, dk if it was an approved one, for GEC and they also carried Moore Maker. They had one of the locking Pinch models, stating that it was made by CSC for MM(Moore Maker) and carried the coined CSC shield. Construction was the same, pin placement and angle of blade relative to handle. Food for thought, I guess. Also why did I abbreviate, then spell it out in parentheses? Sigh.:rolleyes:
Thanks, Neal

I hear ya Mate.
I merely meant compared to some of the bone on them fancy lookin' knives.
The MM 5204 I have is plain and simple.
Functional yet classy in an understated way.
This particular one like its owner has a few miles on the clock.Its done some hard work and bears a few scars and some ingrained dirt that will never wash out. ;):D

Back