Moose Bite

I can’t post pictures right now, but my most recent bite was a pen knife that I let snap closed with my index finger in the way!

5F00DA77-83B3-409D-A98C-DC4AB7B08708_zpssdmvktra.jpg
I am still experimenting with image hosting, but got one to post after all. This is after it stopped bleeding and my wife and daughter stopped making fun of me:)

Not worth taking a picture, but I was stupid about a week and a half ago. Pulled out my Wenger to cut the tape on a box, opened the blade, and the stupid lanyard caught on something as my knife hand moved toward the box. It was a mere fleschwund to my thumb, but enough to force me to abandon finger picking and use a flat pick for a couple of weeks.

That's pretty much what I did. Looks like your a lefty and I'm a righty....

I walked around with a paper towel wrapped around my finger, secured with a tight piece of duct tape. There is no way I could have possibly played any stringed instrument either.......

Not worth taking a picture, but I was stupid about a week and a half ago. Pulled out my Wenger to cut the tape on a box, opened the blade, and the stupid lanyard caught on something as my knife hand moved toward the box. It was a mere fleschwund to my thumb, but enough to force me to abandon finger picking and use a flat pick for a couple of weeks.
I see what you did there. :p

A couple years ago I was snowed in and bored, and decided to do some whittling. Whilst working on a thinner portion of the piece, the basswood suddenly broke, and sunk the coping blade of my Boker Congress Carver nice and deep into my left index finger. My wife was trying to take a nap, and she was super-annoyed when I woke her up to help me stop the bleeding. :D Interestingly enough, I had that blade so sharp for carving that it made an exceptionally clean cut, to the point that there is no scarring to the finger or nail bed. I now use one of those nice red carving gloves.

C9B8B39F-C050-4292-988F-0A04F7886C24.jpeg

You certainly know how to set the edge and sharpen a knife....

I take great joy and pride in an edge ;)

I think I actually used that knife for some carpentry, I was making a little 2-top dining table.

Whittler bit me this weekend.

39656621554_db44d016c6_b.jpg

Hey guys, let's see the traditional knife that bit you too. That will keep this thread open. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys, let's see the traditional knife that bit you too. That will keep this thread open. Thanks!

aye aye, here is the guilty party, took a nice chunk of thumb skin off

tBz0D2r.jpg

it might be my first gec that bit me. I rarely use any of my knives even the modded ones tbh. but alcohol and knives do not mix.

what kills me is people who use their thumb to push open the blade. Had a wonderful discussion with @waynorth about this at the rendezvous

Closed my 78 one handed and let the blade snap close on my middle fingertip:rolleyes: not worth a pic of the wound buts here’s the knife.;) 267A2BDF-F5FA-493A-809E-878397FCAF39.jpeg

Back