Moose Knife Passaround Review Thread

Well, what do you know. This blade shaves like nothing else now. Thanks, Yvsa!

Now then. Initial impressions. As far as the knife goes . . . Dan, this blade is a work of art. The balance is awesome, the color of the blade is great . . . this knife has a soul, my friend.

I must say I didn't like the concept of a mustard patina, but now that I see it on the knife, I really looks great. Matches the moose antler well.

As far as flaws . . . Dan, you must be thinking of some flaws that require a microscope to spot. I certainly can't find any new ones, and the already-spotted ones are negligible.

I absolutely love the sheath. It hangs on my belt quite well, and the retention is outstanding. Dwayne, you did an awesome job of dressing up the one Dan had already made--remind me to get you to make a sheath for me when I get a chance.

Roadrunner's right though--this thing cuts paper like it's not there. I was giggling madly when I first tried it. I've *got* to learn how to put these convex edges on my blades. Just what I needed--another obsession. :)

I already dread sending it off, and I just got it this morning!

Well. It's mine for a week! Muahahaha! :)

Zal, one of the sharpening CDs will go out to you on Monday. If you've got a rubber sanding block, an old mousepad or some cork backing laying around the house along with various grits of sandpaper, you should be a convex edge master in no time.

Don't much know what to say. Thanks a ton, Roadrunner--that's awfully nice of you!

To avoid getting too bad off-topic, the knife is now in my dorm room ( shhh--don't tell the establishment! ;) ) and I'm currently scouring the room looking for things in need of cutting.

( For those of you inclined to worry about the safety of the knife considering its current position on a college campus--it's okay. I'm at Cumberland College in Southeastern Kentucky. There's no policy against knives, and I carry (on average) five to class every day. The other day I saw somebody carry in a Ka-Bar on a belt sheath and I was the only person who took note. Sometimes it's just good to be a country boy. :) )

Zal, sorry, I coudn't find the CD all this week, I finally tracked it down and sent it on it's way though. Enjoy.

Oh! Thanks mate. There wasn't any rush. :)

As far as the knife did for me--I'd have to say it's one of the finest cutting tools I've ever had the pleasure to use. There was no task I asked of it was incapable of!

Then again, Dan told me I wasn't allowed to throw it, so no reports on that front. :(

It did do a good job of opening that MRE I had my roommate smuggle out of Fort Knox for me--consequently, that was the hardest task I could find for it to do. Short of destroying things I needed, I just wasn't in a place with a lot of things that needed cutting.

It did feel great in the hand, though, and I wandered around my room wielding the blade like a psycho quite a few times, mostly while my roommate was out.

I wish I could add more to the reviews, but as it stands I can only reaffirm what has been said and state that Pendentive can craft a really nice blade.

I hated to say goodbye, but I did somehow manage to start it on its journey to PA yesterday. Hopefully Bobwhite will get a chance to use it more than I did. :)

Originally posted by pendentive
This discussion is open to everybody. Let's just try to keep the "horsin' around" to a minimum, ok? :rolleyes:[/B]

Am I allowed to post here now? :D :confused:

Back