Mora companion,robust and clipper...

Which one you prefer,my favorite is clipper which is thinner,and i regrind them on beltsander anyways to slight full convex or almost full convex grind.Have reground robust and companion versions and they are pretty good for outdoors purposes,as i put small invisible secondary edge on them so edge is stronger and still razor sharp.Reground Clipper is used for cutting food ,these knives are amazing for money.Anyone else regrinding these,they perform way better when reground for almost any purpose,especially cutting.

I occasionally do regrinds of them, but have been too busy with other things lately to offer them regularly.

I'll add to this. My favorite is the companion for the handle but I'd prefer if it had the .080 blade stock as the 546 basic. I don't mind the regular grind for normal tasks and bring it to a true scandi grind. But I have given one a full grind to .007 just above the edge. As you can imagine it's a good cutter. I don't like convex grinds myself. But I cut things with my knives. If I need a pry bar I'll grab one. If splitting wood an axe works nicely. Lol. Oh and I prefer stainless Moras. Love that 12c27. Would love to have one in 19c27 at 64hrc.....

I prefer stainless too,especially 12c27,easy to sharpen and behaves like carbon but doesnt stain,i cut with knives and like thinnest possible blade i can use,especially in kitchen.

it is a great steel and mora has a good heat treat. Too soft for my tastes but all factory knives are in my opinion. Most customs too.
Thin and hard is the way to go

Another thing not regularly mentioned is their fishing knives. They're fantastic and barely more expensive than the crappy fillet knives at big box stores. They're ground very thin and made with much better steel/heat treat

Im gonna get one of their fishing knives,also maybe one or two frosts kitchen-butcher knives(boning and chefs).

I put the clipper through heck at a local park when I was there with my kids. Batoned through some thick dry stuff, came out without a scratch

Back