Morakniv Bushcraft Sharpening?

Hey guys wanting to pick up a Mora Bushcraft, I see the blade steel being high carbon, and I see everyone talking about using sandpaper and sharpening stones to sharpen this blade. My question is..is it possible to use other methods of sharpening to just keep a nice edge on this knife, like for example I have a smiths pp1 pocketpal https://www.amazon.com/Smiths-PP1-Pocket-Multifunction-Sharpener/dp/B000O8OTNC would this get the job done as to keeping a nice edge on high carbon blades such as the Mora Bushcraft? Not really wanting to take sandpaper and/or a sharpening stone everywhere when the pp1 fits right in your pocket.

You can use that, just use the diamond rod. The cardbide slot will tear the edge up, literally so don't use it. The ceramic isn't as harsh but won't leave a good edge either. Freehanding the diamond rod to sharpen can give you good results if you do your part though.

i sharpen Scandinavian knife grinds as one who'd sharpen scissors; carefully.
you don't want to mess up the cutting belly, and you don't want to ruin the inner edge, so i always use a low intensity flashlight (warm fluorescent light) to locate the inner edge and adjust the angle accordingly prior to sharpening. so far no disheartenments.

would this get the job done as to keeping a nice edge on high carbon blades such as the Mora Bushcraft? Not really wanting to take sandpaper and/or a sharpening stone everywhere when the pp1 fits right in your pocket.
Hi
of course it will work

its size is listed as 3.5 x 1 x 0 inches and weight as 10 grams
pocket sharpening stone or diamond plates come in those sizes, but more weight, ex
diamond plate 400/1000# 100*30*1.2mm weight 30 grams
dmd diamond 400 ceramic 1000# is 7mm*25mm*75mm or 3'x1'x1/4',and the weight is 54g
ruby agate 3000 / 10000# is 100 x 25 x 12mm and weight is 100g

if you have the black diamond-like-coating
you might want to start sharpening with the diamond rod of smiths pocket pal
to remove some of the the DLC coating

the DLC might scratch the tungsten carbide pull through slots
video that taught me how to use those tungsten carbide pull through sharpeners and other interesting links in is-the-accusharp-the-best-inexpensive-simple-sharpener.1512200/page-2#post-17386111

Back