More about this cooking knife?

Hi! ^_^

I got this as a big birthday gift, and I was wondering if anyone knew more about it. The people who gave it to me are big on cooking, and know their stuff when it comes to this sort of thing. ... That's all I know.

ih02tu.jpg

Thank you! :]
~ Sparkly

Reasonable quality mid priced steel sharpens fairly easy usually 56-58 hrc. Take care of it ,touch up the edge at 15degrees per side no dishwasher.
Should last you a long time. Your friend gave you a nice gift.

Reasonable quality mid priced steel sharpens fairly easy usually 56-58 hrc. Take care of it ,touch up the edge at 15degrees per side no dishwasher.
I agree with all of this.

Thank you so much for the info Oldtymer!! ^_^

Did you have any specific questions about it? If not, just keep it sharp and cook lots of tasty meals. To protect the edge, in addition to avoiding the dishwasher, don't just put it in a cutlery drawer where it bangs around with other utensils. Magnetic strips or stands seem to be the preferred storage method, or individual blade sleeves. I use a knife block myself.

Back