More bad times.

Someone once told me, and it's really hit home over the years, " Make a friend of pain and you'll have a friend for life".

Move to Costa Rica! That's where I'm going. You can easily "check out" there. Many have already done it. The medical industry in on par with ours technology wise, but they have socialized health care. Even when you have to pay, it's cheap. There's a wonderful bar called The Lazy Mon there on the caribbean coast in a town called Puerto Viejo where they will take great care of you.There's a lot of expats there and plenty of jungle to keep your khuk happy. ;)

Hmmm, crack open coconuts with your khuk? Freelance jungle clearing? Personal security? Just some ideas off the top of my head...

Corp., that Yurt would be the shiznits, but not in Florida! I'd sweat to death. It would rock in northern New Mexico/Southern Colorado though. Good luck amigo. Remember, grass grows in the valleys, not on the mountain tops.

Corp,
I know exactly where you are at. In 2008 I had a tumor on a spinal nerve that was killing me with pain. 5 major abdominal surgeries later I'm "cured" but my left leg has no feeling in it except for moments of excruciating pain and my left quadraceps has shrunk up to the size of a mouse dick. I have very little function in the left leg. I almost died twice during the surgeries. But, the good Lord chose not to take me and I am still very much alive and kicking (with my right leg). Hang in there. After all of that, I consider every morning a blessing from above.
Cheers
Balding

JDK: the yurts can come insulated, so it could have a/c. I also would have a fan near the top dome for venting, and it could pull the cooler air in from under the porch.

Oh, and I prefer the mountain view. ;) More than one way to look at anything.

Balding: sorry to hear about your leg. Sometimes life really sucks.

BTW, guys, I go in for laser surgery on Wed, if all works out, that'll be it. If not, then I have to have physical surgery done. So here's to hoping the laser can do the job.

Thanks everyone, for the support.

best of luck with the laser surgery corp -- and I hear you on the yurts -- SWMBO & I looked into those before building our house, they've got some pretty neat features.

Energies of support, for your health and a full recovery to you Cpl. Go laser, go:thumbup:.

UPDATE.

The laser surgery didn't work.
I had to go in Thursday for some real surgery. They took out the vitreous and replaced it with a new fluid, did some more burning under a microscope and re-attached the retina where it was becoming detached. Wild thing is, they had me away during the whole thing.

I had my post-op yesterday with one of the techs, and it's confirmed I can't see a damn thing out of that eye (which I'm told is normal for the severe trauma of the surgery). I have to put all kinds of drops in the eye for the next few weeks. I see the doc on Wednesday, and I'm a bit worried as I noticed some floaters today when I put my drops in and a little blood. I don't know if that's normal or not. I hope it is, as I'm out of vacation and taking medical leave could have some very bad repercussions at my job.

Damn. Another setback. I'm hopeful that's it's only temporary. Thanks for the update, I was wondering how you were doing.
Smoke and prayers.

UPDATE.

The laser surgery didn't work.
I had to go in Thursday for some real surgery. They took out the vitreous and replaced it with a new fluid, did some more burning under a microscope and re-attached the retina where it was becoming detached. Wild thing is, they had me away during the whole thing.

I had my post-op yesterday with one of the techs, and it's confirmed I can't see a damn thing out of that eye (which I'm told is normal for the severe trauma of the surgery). I have to put all kinds of drops in the eye for the next few weeks. I see the doc on Wednesday, and I'm a bit worried as I noticed some floaters today when I put my drops in and a little blood. I don't know if that's normal or not. I hope it is, as I'm out of vacation and taking medical leave could have some very bad repercussions at my job.

I hope you heal fast!! Which eye is having the problems? I was born with a good left eye and an under developed "baby" right eye, which has no sight. If you need help or someone to talk to about it, my email is at the bottom of all my posts.

Thanks Heber/

It's my right eye. My left eye has very good vision, my right has always been something of a problem.

They DID tell me that I might see some improvement after a week, maybe two, and it would take 3-4 months to get back whatever vision I'm going to get. I'm just a bit worried about the blood in the eye right now. I was told to expect some floaters (it was surgery after all, there will be some blood), but this is like a jellyfish. I can only see it if I lie flat on my back, evne if on a pillow I won't see it, and it may just seem more than it is, because the rest of the vision is whited out like looking through a piece of Scotch tape, so I have a nice, white background to see it against.

Floating some .smoke. for you Cpl. Hoping that whatever you don't recover from that you are able to adjust comfortably to. The strange things that happen to our bodies as we grow old - I guess they're all part of the circle of life.

Back