More Cold Steel Panic Buying...

The Pocket Bushman showed up today in my mail box, after being lost by USPS. I got lucky, it was well packaged and no damage to the box (you couldn't hurt this knife with a hammer). I was pleased to see that it is an "Old Steel" knife, thanks to help from "rycen" and "PocketKnifeJimmy" and "jux t" with identification. This knife has to be the sharpest knife that I ever received right out of the box. It is incredibly rugged, with a bank vault lock up. However, great caution needs to be used with this knife or it will bite you. The thumb stud is too hard to use for deployment, inviting a bad cut if the blade snaps shut. Closing the blade is tricky at best. Anyway, I like this unique knife, but not recommended for someone who doesn't have experience with handling knives. I would not hand this to just anyone.

I can contribute!

I had the Bowie Bushman for a while now and just recently purchased the original Bushman this month. Here’s the old one on the Bowie.

yoS8arZ.jpg

Here’s the new one on the original.

yByN1zk.jpg

I also bought an SRK just this month. Don’t know if it’s old stock, but it still has the old logo. Has the new logo showed up on the SRKs and Recon Tantos?

rpDdQB0.jpg

Since I'm now retired, I decided that I needed to get a cane to make me look more refined 🤣 so I ordered the Axe Head Cane from a west coast Canadian online retailer on November 17 (mainly as it was the cheapest priced cane available). Unfortunately it was at the same time they were getting deluged with rain.

It was at an attractive price even though I would have preferred the Blackthorn Cane (I'm kind of/sort of Irish'y) but they were all out and getting new stock is a little sketchy. A day after I ordered it, they notified me that all the roads out of B.C. were washed out or buried from landslides and shipping was pretty well non-existent for the foreseeable future. For an added 10 bucks, I could get it shipped by air so I went with that option, even though in total, shipping was close to the purchase price of the cane. So a cheaply priced cane turned out to be less of a bargain. Oh well, the price of Global Warming, I guess.

The cane is definitely heavier than any cane I have handled and is almost indestructible and should last longer than I will. It doesn't look "too scary" at first glance, and could probably be used as a standard cane with added benefits. It's an inch or two longer than I need but for something that will most likely be used for afternoon/evening walks it will do nicely and keep any Big-Foot (Big-Feet?) at canes length.

Hey friends. Is the Tanto Lite worth picking up?
I like mine, got it a while back, can't beat it for the money. I like the nylon sheath better than the plastic ones. The knife and sheath are just basic fare but I think worth the money. I paid $19.95 at the time.

Last time i talked about how …… had the Sjambok 42 inch on sale for like 11 bucks I think, bought 5.
They just finally got the larger 54Inch sjamboks in and are on sale for $15, Bought 4..they should last a couple lifetimes. Might give some away.
If anything, I fear GSM will take away the truly novel cold steel pieces and only produce the most popular models, so i had to grab a lifetime supply of these while I could.

On a side note, just speaking on the purpose of the sjambok, Ill take it for self defense over any of the canes aside from the sword canes or maybe the city stick. This thing has no other purpose than to cause absolute PAIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I panic bought a couple of the 4-Max Scout models when I heard about Lynn selling the company. However, I now have higher hopes that the new owners aren't going to completely scuttle the product lines. Just got a new Talwar in S35VN -- a big mean knife true to the old Cold Steel ideology.

Since I'm now retired, I decided that I needed to get a cane to make me look more refined 🤣 so I ordered the Axe Head Cane from a west coast Canadian online retailer on November 17 (mainly as it was the cheapest priced cane available). Unfortunately it was at the same time they were getting deluged with rain.

It was at an attractive price even though I would have preferred the Blackthorn Cane (I'm kind of/sort of Irish'y) but they were all out and getting new stock is a little sketchy. A day after I ordered it, they notified me that all the roads out of B.C. were washed out or buried from landslides and shipping was pretty well non-existent for the foreseeable future. For an added 10 bucks, I could get it shipped by air so I went with that option, even though in total, shipping was close to the purchase price of the cane. So a cheaply priced cane turned out to be less of a bargain. Oh well, the price of Global Warming, I guess.

The cane is definitely heavier than any cane I have handled and is almost indestructible and should last longer than I will. It doesn't look "too scary" at first glance, and could probably be used as a standard cane with added benefits. It's an inch or two longer than I need but for something that will most likely be used for afternoon/evening walks it will do nicely and keep any Big-Foot (Big-Feet?) at canes length.
I had the African walking stick and gave it away. And I handled the axe head cane. As a taller/heavier person I found that these shafts wiggled/flexed/ vibrated with use. The only cane/walking stick that did not do this was the “Walkabout”. I drilled a small diameter hole through the shaft just below the ball and put some para through it, for a wrist lanyard. It won’t be yanked out of my hand as a surprise.

I just ordered a Counter Point 1. Not that I need a knife like that, just that it's cool.

With the new 2022 items being announced, I realize the old Cold Steel is dead, and cool designs like the Counter Point are a thing of the past.

I just ordered a Counter Point 1. Not that I need a knife like that, just that it's cool.

With the new 2022 items being announced, I realize the old Cold Steel is dead, and cool designs like the Counter Point are a thing of the past.
I’ve been using my Counterpoint 2 as my edc for years. Love that knife. I also ordered a Counterpoint 1 last year for the same reason as you…before they are no longer available. It hasn’t seen any use. In fact when it arrived I felt the tip was too “beefy”. I wished it had more of “pointy” tip, but it’s appearance has grown on me. It’s a very substantial folder, it’s a keeper.

Back