More Mini Micro Bowies in stock

Bawanna

I have it on very good authority (straight from Auntie) that she has "several" Mini Micro Bowies in stock that arrived with this last magical shipment of beautiful knives. I'm fairly certain they are all Bhakta the true guru of bowies in modern times.

As I said before if you get one and wish to have it checkered in some manner I'll be happy to do so free of charge, if you could cover shipping cost that would be nice but not even mandatory.
Winter is coming on and I usually get more bench time so bring em on......................

If you've been waiting for one to be your first or like me your 3rd or 4th, now's your chance.

No need to wait for DOD. Although I'm sure some will come up. Just send her an email.

Wants to sell so kami's have funds for new projects.

Try to stay in an orderly fashion, single file, no stampeding please. OK everybody likes a little stampede now and again so on my mark, ready, set, go!

Do you know if any of these got the original shorter handle?
or if they are all (like most of the ones lately available) with the longer handle.

I don't know the answer to that question. I don't believe so. I did ask her if anymore of the original size shorter handles would be made. I don't have a good answer to that question either yet. The guys with big hands really messed us up with the longer handle. But they truly aren't bad either.

As you know the shorter version makes a great knife for anyone even larger hands when the tang is completely handled.

I hope to see more of those myself.

As you know the shorter version makes a great knife for anyone even larger hands when the tang is completely handled.

Oh yes...
And I haven't seen a completely handled one out of HI. I wonder if Auntie is welling to push for a IBBB 2.0

Bawanna, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you liked the Mini Micro Bowies. he he.

I don't know the answer to that question. I don't believe so. I did ask her if anymore of the original size shorter handles would be made. I don't have a good answer to that question either yet. The guys with big hands really messed us up with the longer handle. But they truly aren't bad either.

I hope to see more of those myself.

I didn't know they used to be shorter. So mine must be the larger handled version, correct?

Very tempting to have you checker mine - you do beautiful work. :)

I'd be happy to do it for you. No problem. The originals were about 7 1/2 to 7 3/4 long, some big handed guys wanted more handle and the second version is about an inch longer. The little hook on the end makes a great handle.
While I kind of like the exposed tang on the end, covering it on the first batch is nice. On the longer handle a guy has plenty of handle, can leave the tang for hammering stuff or cut it off to keep it small.

Bawanna, I was curious of what the blade length of these were. Looks to me like they are under 4 inches, but I can not be sure.

Usually right at 4" give or take. Here in Washington 3 1/2" is legal but I figure a 1/2" ain't nothing to get all worked up about.

On the longer ones the handle is just longer the blade is pretty much the same.

Alright, thanks. I have been thinking about one of these for a while. State I live in has no blade length limit, but college limits it at 4 inches.

You should be good to go. Mine measures exactly 4" from the front of the grip to the tip and technically it's not sharp behind the cho so should be legal.

Until the micro came along I was carrying my 10" AK Bowie and didn't have any issues. Seattle is a little fussier about this sort of thing than the surrounding civilized regions but they got so many neerdowells down there that I can virtually go unnoticed on the extremely rare occasions when I go there.

You going after one of them MA's or BA's or PH's or something. Ndog's got one of them.

Hold on tight to your common sense, don't let them professors take it from ya. It's tougher than you think.

Honestly, probably wouldn't even bring it to college if I got one. Just would like the idea that I could if I wanted.

Well if your at all like me and it's probably a good thing if you ain't, once you get one you'll want it with you always.

I'd like to carry all my toys with me all the time. Just not enough places to hide em all.

The micro is legal so don't really have to hide it but it's hides well when needed. I wear mine high and tight on the belt, right up under the arm. Being a full time sitter I don't really have another option but it works very well.

Hold on tight to your common sense, don't let them professors take it from ya. It's tougher than you think.

Yup. totally agree, a lot of my classmates got a whole lotta book smarts, but dumb as a doornail when it comes to situations that require common sense.

Yeah I was gonna say they are usually around a 100. Some blems turn up for less now and then. Last one I got was pretty decent and it was like 88 or something.

Last edited:
Timing is everything. I just got an email from Auntie and she has many of these, 15 with wood and 6 with horn.

They are the ones with the trident mark, made by bhakta and his helper Min? Admittedly they generally aren't quite as nice as the original batch and Auntie told them to stop with the helper approach. She was not happy. They apparently made more by miscommunication or they just didn't listen and made them anyway.

That being said she said she's offering these for 85 bucks plus shipping. Usually 120 bucks plus shipping if not a blem or second.

I've seen several of these and while not as nice they really aren't that bad and with just a little bit of work they are very good.
I think Bhakta pretty much makes the blade, that part is usually good. The handle and tang are the area's that generally need attention. If your pondering a handle job to make it your own like Snowwolf did these would be a great deal.

If anyone gets one that doesn't have the desire to work on it, I'm again happy to help fix it up.

Lets help auntie move these to fund some upcoming projects that are probably super top secret and will keep our HI addictions alive and well.

Back