More new folders

Dave:
I am sorry to hear about you discontinuing your folder line. Your folders were superbly made and priced very fairly. I owned at least one of each folder you produced. Have you considered making a folding hunter? It would compliment your line.
Personally I would not put all my eggs in one line, hunting in your case. The window of opportunity is so short on hunting equipment, that you can't count on it year long. Have you considered producing models that would appeal the consumer past hunting season?
Keep up the good work and don't pull the plug yet.

Well I think if they are going to discontinue there folder line, I better get on the ball and get a few before they disappear. Can some list all of the models available so I can get a buy list together??? I will post a mini-review in this forum as I recieve each. Thanks Jason

What's going on? I just heard about -- what? on another thread.

TheBadGuy, check out the website for data on the knives. It's a great site, very informative and easy to navigate. I've got an Impulse, which surprised me with the quality of materials and workmanship. The Paragee is another excellent Darrell Ralph design.

Originally posted by Esav Benyamin
What's going on? I just heard about -- what? on another thread.

TheBadGuy, check out the website for data on the knives. It's a great site, very informative and easy to navigate. I've got an Impulse, which surprised me with the quality of materials and workmanship. The Paragee is another excellent Darrell Ralph design.

Just trying to promote some more activity on this forum, I figured I could find all the info on the web, but if someone is willing, I would like to hear which one I should get first and why?? Thanks

The Carson Magna folder is widely regarded as a Tank. Good knife. The Impulse is way sexy and built well. I think it'a great knife with heavy gloves even. The smaller version is probably a bit more useful everyday. The Paragee is the precursor the EDC at least in that it is from the Apogee design that was the precursor of the EDC. I think the Paragee is better. And better priced.

The Field lites are good resin handled lockbacks. I believe Dave himself is the designer of these.

I also like the Wedges. These are both fun knives to tinker with on your own for modifying into small fixed blades. The Wedge II offers enough of a handle for a pretty good tang. The steel is hard though and tough to work. They are good knives in their own right. I especially like the high grinds and dropped edges. These should remain in production as I understand it.

Phil

Bad Guy:
All the folders are well made. The Impulse is definitely the most stylish. Darell Ralph really knows how to design a sleek knife. The Sandvik 12C27 steel is very good also. You can also get neck knife sheaths in Kydex that allow you to carry the Impulse as an inertia drop knife. You just pull the knife out of the sheath while it hangs upside down and it is instantly deployed. E-mail me for where to find it.

It's nice to see a new open discusion thread on our forum. I guess this tells me to keep the lights on for for now.

To Avenger, I never said we were done with folders completely although for now we are going to focus on what we do best which is the hunting/outdoor market. I appreciate your comments and in fact I am developing some new folders right now. One is folding boning/fillet knife and I have a great design for a folding hunter which I plan to release in 2004

Thanks for all the input and wishing all the best this holiday season.

The folders that Outdoor Edge has done so far are excellent. I would put them above the offerings from Columbia River. I would put the Paragee at least on par with the EDC. My experience has been quite positive with all of Outdoor Edges products. I would definitely get some of their folders.

Back