More on human trafficking in Nepal

I'm curious about what would be an unpopular opinion about human trafficking (especially child sexual slavery). Something along the lines of what should be done to the perps? Or minding our own business?

There was a recent newspaper article (I can hunt for a link if anyone's interested) about the child sexual slavery that is prevalent in the USA, where the problem is generally called something else: ""runaways". The typical situation was described as an adolescent girl not getting along very well with her divorced mother, and the mom's boyfriend starts molesting the girl. The girl sees no better option than to escape by running away. Predators will hunt these girls at the likely locations (like bus stations), then charmingly "befriend" them, become their "boyfriends", and eventually become their pimps controlling their lives. The criminal justice system tends to treat the girls more like perpetrators instead of victims, instead of jailing the pimps.

Stories about human trafficking make me want to take action against it. I guess that having a daughter might make me more sensitive about such atrocities.

My response to human trafficking would be extraordinarily severe.The perps should be dealt with in a way that ensures no repeat offense.

I spent over a decade on the border with mexico in an official capacity. I have no sympathy for smugglers or traffickers of any sort. Absolute scum who benefit from the misfortune of others.

Sorry everyone, if I seemed sinister. Trust me on this, I am far too uncomfortable with the outside world, too softhearted, too unfamiliar with life, to do anything illegal, besides the fact that I really don't want to do anything illegal, and as far as I know, will never do anything illegal. A friend of mine here pointed out that it sounded like I was covering something illegal, so let me state very carefully that that is NOT the case. Sure, I have secrets, but none of them are illegal. I'm just not the kind of person that would do things that are immoral, do things that are against general consensus, against rules and laws. I just wanted to let you all know, because this is my favorite place to hang out, I don't want suspicion hanging around me. Okay guys? I'm not some freakish criminal, just a rather unusual young adult, though not as unusual as I think I am. Well, peace, everyone.

Last edited:
it's a pitty that such things happen in 21th century...
after all, we have already experienced "the dark ages"

Back