Mors Kochanski - very sad news, thoughts, prayers...and cards.

This morning I was contacted by a friend of mine who has been a close student of Mors with the very sad news that Mors has been diagnosed with cancer and may not have long left. When I went to post on another forum, I found that Don Kevilus had posted this on Facebook and that there was already a thread on BushcraftUK.

https://www.facebook.com/don.kevilus
Don Kevilus is with Mors Kochanski and 3 others.
Yesterday at 14:38 ·
With a heavy heart I am informing the greater bushcraft and outdoor community .That my dear friend and wise Yoda, Mors Kochanski has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and is very ill. He is truly the patron saint of bushcraft. His books, videos and teachings of how to be comfortable and enjoy the wilderness has touched us all. So at request of the family if you would like to send support and encouragement.I'm sure he would love a card or email.
Contact information below;
Morskochanski
at
gmail (he is not in the habit of checking but we will try to do better)

Mors Kochanski
55205 Range Road 152
Yellowhead County
T7E 3R8 Canada

He’s a pretty special fellow to us all!
70600560_10220212224681547_1674265336737693696_n.jpg

:(:(:(

I'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

Very sad news. Mors is a survivor -

best regards

mqqn

That fricking sucks.......I am 49 and have been following him and learning through his books etc for 25 years.....he deserved better?
Thought he was going to be like my grandpa functional into his early 90s fishing with the old guy at 89 and he carried the 20 horse mercury 80 yards to the boat......lived til 94! Mors. Always reminded me of him
Prayers sent to the master!

Can't believe i am the 5th poster about this......a lot of new faces here need to recognize!!,,....a few years ago this would have been 5 pages long!

Very sad news indeed!
One of the most realistic bushcraft icons out there.
He and his family will be in my prayers!

1 more family saying the Rosary for a dear one. God bless him and his family. He gave alot for us who love nature and we appreciate him.

Really wish we had a "don't like" option for posts like these. --What does it matter?--KV

Not sure if you were talking to me, since you didn't quote me. I used to work at a paint plant where they made asbestos paint in my college years and several of my pals there died of mesothelioma due to their exposure and it was a sad thing.

Not sure if you were talking to me, since you didn't quote me. I used to work at a paint plant where they made asbestos paint in my college years and several of my pals there died of mesothelioma due to their exposure and it was a sad thing.
I fail to see what that has to do with everyone else here expressing their condolences and best wishes to Mr. Kochanski. How he got ill is now irrelevant.--KV

Mors passed away today. Smoke and prayers up for he and his family and friends. And appreciation for all the teachings he left us and the people he inspired to carry on his life long passion. Most of his books are still available if you don't have them and many videos are still up on youtube. Thank you Mr. Kochanski.

Back