Most Desirable Scale Color

Here is my old one I had.

And here is mine

here with smooth CF
133149848.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I've seen a couple Green / Tan G10 scales out there (3 to be specific) that showed up in a pic from Rob on the Hinderer Instagram page. Wondering how many of them are floating around. Pic below direct from Hinderer Instagram...

10838763_1414185065538878_671509444_n.jpg

I like my plain black textured g10. Thats all i usually buy is knives with black handles. But i would love to get my hands on a smooth CF and also still looking for a black frag scale.

SuperBee's smooth CF scale looks nicer than mine, on which the surface seems a bit more glassy. (Wanna trade? :) ) And I get the impression I must be the only one who dislikes the pond scum scale - more for you guys. The up side is, if I ever accidentally come into possession of one, I'll probably give it away here. The Ti scales don't really do it for me, either - yeah, I know, they're pretty, they're strong, I just don't like handles to be all metal - I'll admit I'm the odd one here. But it's G10 and CF for me, thanks.

Anyway, my frag CF scale scares off any other scale that even looks at my XM these days. The Blue/Black G10 scales, both textured and frag, share second place, but... since the frag CF showed up they haven't had a chance.

Last edited:
I like the dark green although I don't have one yet. I also think it depends what blade color or hardware color you pair it with. All I have for now is a black scale bowie and a set of bronze hardware waiting for a dark green skinner

Although it should be stated that although RHK made 3" Silver Twill scales in the past.......they never made a lot.......and they do not currently make them.......or at least they have not made them for sale to the public for at least 18 months.......perhaps longer........
If you want one, you'll have to find it the old fashioned way........by hunting it down.......
But it is a gorgeous scale.......

So you're saying that soaking one of the black CF scales in bleach won't yield the same effect?

;-)

Carl........let me check my Magic 8 Ball.......please hold........

"The odds are against you......."

Well......based on that scientifically rendered piece of advice.......I wouldn't try it........:D

Well the RHK website doesn't show any CF scales available for the Mini Grip. In fact, every one of their G-10 scales they list are sold out. I guess the hunt continues.

Sorry. I had Mini Grip on the mind. I meant to say 3" scales. At least it only took me about 12 seconds to realize my mistake. Maybe there is hope for me yet.

I was just typing a question about that. Thank you for the clarification.

Separate Note: Edited some posts. This is the RHK Forum and it is for RHK items (knives, Pens, Accessories) Posting Pics of accessories made by someone else and mounted on an RHK item, especially then naming what and/or whom made it is not appropriate.
Pic Threads are Great and a lot of fun - they need to stay RHK.
Any question or comment, PM me.
Thank you
Rubi

Back